CDSOA #

Discussions about Cape Dory, Intrepid and Robinhood sailboats and how we use them. Got questions? Have answers? Provide them here.

Moderator: bobdugan

Warren Kaplan
Location: Former owner of Sine Qua Non CD27 #166 1980 Oyster Bay Harbor, NY Member # 317

CDSOA #

Post by Warren Kaplan »

I need to find my CDSOA membership number and I can't seem to locate it on the website. You'd think that after all these years it would be burned into my memory. With advancing age, that memory has alas taken on all the characteristics of an often used sieve.

Can anyone direct me to the page on the website that has our CDSOA (and maybe fleet) membeship numbers?

Thanks.
"I desire no more delight, than to be under sail and gone tonight."
(W. Shakespeare, Merchant of Venice)
Oswego John
Location: '66 Typhoon "Grace", Hull # 42, Schooner "Ontario", CD 85D Hull #1

Post by Oswego John »

Hi Warren,

On the home page, next line under "Need Help Starting", and a little to the left click on "Memberlist".

Stay warm,
O J
"If I rest, I rust"
Voting Member #490
Neil Gordon
Location: s/v LIQUIDITY, CD28. We sail from Marina Bay on Boston Harbor. Try us on channel 9.

Re: CDSOA #

Post by Neil Gordon »

Warren Kaplan wrote:I need to find my CDSOA membership number ...
Fair winds, Neil

s/v LIQUIDITY
Cape Dory 28 #167
Boston, MA

CDSOA member #698
Oswego John
Location: '66 Typhoon "Grace", Hull # 42, Schooner "Ontario", CD 85D Hull #1

Oh Oh

Post by Oswego John »

Sorry,

I realized that the direction I gave to find your membership number was incorrect.

I believe that the numbers found by my direction are the chronological listing of when the members signed on to the new format. Not your membership number.

Again, sorry. :oops:

O J
"If I rest, I rust"
Voting Member #490
Warren Kaplan
Location: Former owner of Sine Qua Non CD27 #166 1980 Oyster Bay Harbor, NY Member # 317

Post by Warren Kaplan »

Neil,

Thanks!! It loomed up large in my mind in the middle of the night!! You must have ESP and sent it to me!!
Neil Gordon
Location: s/v LIQUIDITY, CD28. We sail from Marina Bay on Boston Harbor. Try us on channel 9.

Re: Oh Oh

Post by Neil Gordon »

Oswego John wrote:I realized that the direction I gave to find your membership number was incorrect.
I found it the old fashioned way, by looking it up in the Membership Directory (yet another worthwhile benefit of joining CDSOA).

Warren, I hope I haven't jeopardized your personal identity by publishing your membership number without encryption.
Fair winds, Neil

s/v LIQUIDITY
Cape Dory 28 #167
Boston, MA

CDSOA member #698
Warren Kaplan

Post by Warren Kaplan »

Warren, I hope I haven't jeopardized your personal identity by publishing your membership number without encryption.

Neil,
I think the "spyware" on the internet has already gotten my social security number, my bank account numbers, and perhaps even my pants size.....so I doubt that the world knowing my CDSOA number, a number that even I didn't know, will change my life all that much. Then again, maybe I should post it on Facebook and see if the stock market rises or falls on that "inside information!" :wink:
Cathy Monaghan
Location: 1986 CD32 Realization #3, Rahway, NJ, Raritan Bay -- CDSOA Member since 2000. Greenline 39 Electra

Nope....not in the board's memberlist

Post by Cathy Monaghan »

Oswego John wrote:Hi Warren,

On the home page, next line under "Need Help Starting", and a little to the left click on "Memberlist".

Stay warm,
O J
Nope, that aint where to find it. The message board's memberlist is merely a list of message board users. Anybody can use the message board whether they're CDSOA members or not.

You'll find your CDSOA membership number in the CDSOA Membership Directory which is NOT published online. It was printed and mailed to everyone in 2008. Also, if you get the printed version of the MASTHEAD, you'll find it printed directly above your name and address on the mailing label. You can also contact CDSOA Membership Chairman Don Paquette with any questions regarding membership in the CDSOA.

Anyway, I looked it up in my copy of the Membership Directory, and Neil's right, it's 317.

Cathy
Webmaster - CDSOA, Inc.
Annie Ward

Post by Annie Ward »

Cathy,

I just joined today and requested newsletters via email. Nothing I've received so far today gives me the number. Can you tell me where to look or send me an email/pm to tell me what it is?

Thanks,
Annie
Charleston, SC
CDSOA #1241
Warren Kaplan

Post by Warren Kaplan »

Cathy,

I misplaced my membership list. I needed the number for Leo on my registration for the NE Fleet Meeting in Groton.

Thanks for clearing up the fact that I couldn't find the number online. I was getting a little frustrated looking!!

I expect I'll see Bruce and you on the 23rd in Groton??
Cathy Monaghan
Location: 1986 CD32 Realization #3, Rahway, NJ, Raritan Bay -- CDSOA Member since 2000. Greenline 39 Electra

reply to Annie...

Post by Cathy Monaghan »

Annie Ward wrote:Cathy,

I just joined today and requested newsletters via email. Nothing I've received so far today gives me the number. Can you tell me where to look or send me an email/pm to tell me what it is?

Thanks,
Hi Annie,

Did you join as a message board user or as a CDSOA member? If you're just a message board user, than you won't have a membership number. If you joined the CDSOA, then you will be getting one soon. Anyway, I'm not the keeper of that info, I'm just the webmaster.

You'll have to contact CDSOA Membership Chairmain Don Paquette. I think you should be receiving some kind of packet via the regular mail (USPS), which should include a membership card among other things. You can confirm that with Don as well. But you probably won't receive anything for a week or two. Don's a volunteer (we all are) so we do this stuff in our spare time.

CLICK HERE to get to our web page that includeds Don's contact info as well as the contact info for the other CDSOA officers.
[NOTE: When corresponding with any of the Officers via e-mail, Copy/Paste the e-mail address into the BODY of your e-mail and remove "*NOSPAM*" from their e-mail address. Then Copy/Paste it into the "TO" field before clicking on Send.]

- Cathy
Webmaster - CDSOA, Inc.
Annie Ward

both

Post by Annie Ward »

Thanks Cathy. I registered as a message board user back in November or December. I bought a CDSOA membership the other day online and requested the newsletter to be delivered online. So when I saw your note that the membership number is listed on the newsletter I thought that wouldn't work for me. But now that I know there's a packet coming sometime, I'll just wait.
Annie
Charleston, SC
CDSOA #1241
Cathy Monaghan

Re: both

Post by Cathy Monaghan »

Annie Ward wrote:Thanks Cathy. I registered as a message board user back in November or December. I bought a CDSOA membership the other day online and requested the newsletter to be delivered online. So when I saw your note that the membership number is listed on the newsletter I thought that wouldn't work for me. But now that I know there's a packet coming sometime, I'll just wait.
Hi Annie,

If you'll be getting the electronic version on the MASTHEAD, you won't see your membership number on it since it won't have a mailing label. But you should be getting something from Don. Again, you may want to confirm that with him.

Hope this helps,
Cathy
Webmaster - CDSOA, Inc.