CD 25 layout

Discussions about Cape Dory, Intrepid and Robinhood sailboats and how we use them. Got questions? Have answers? Provide them here.

Moderator: Jim Walsh

Tim Ward

CD 25 layout

Post by Tim Ward »

I have come across a CD 25 for sale that has a dinette on the port side rather than a bunk in the main salon. It is very small and almost can not be used. I have not seen a dinette in a CD 25 before, only the two single bunks. Can anyone tell me if CD made any 25's with a dinette?
House

CD 25 Dinette

Post by House »

Hey Tim-

Apparently, some 25s did have the dinette because a few years ago I looked at a CD 25 (maybe late 70's, early 80's vintage...) in Conway, SC with the layout you describe: Dinette to port, settee to starboard; small v-berth up front. This particular boat was in good shape, but you're right - the dinette is very small! Practical Sailor did a review of this boat (and the 25D) several years ago; I'll be glad to fax or mail you a copy if you like. Let me know in a PM.
Good luck!

Richard
bgephart

'79 CD-25 had one

Post by bgephart »

My CD-25, hull 713, had a small table on the port side. It would rotate on its metal tubular support, but it was always in the way so I removed it. It might be usable if there is only one adult on board, but otherwise it just took up to much room to suit me.