passwords

Discussions about Cape Dory, Intrepid and Robinhood sailboats and how we use them. Got questions? Have answers? Provide them here.

Moderator: Jim Walsh

lubeckmaine

passwords

Post by lubeckmaine »

here I am on the board because getting in on my computer is automatic or programmed, whatever. so I'm trying to renew my membership online and, of course, I have to manually put in the password. So far, to get everyone up to speed, the yahoo account that this automated board understands I use very little, so little so, that I can't remember the password for that email account. You still with me? Therefore, sadly, I may have to bid adieu to the board, which on many occasions, I have found so incredibly useful, helpful, understanding etc. So, I'd like to renew my membership :( Pleases help. Old address u guys have on record is: Lubeckmaine@yahoo.com- for which I cannot for the life of me remember its password. jamesbuehner@yahoo.com I happily know the password to.....HELP
lubeckmaine

Post by lubeckmaine »

Oh, yeah, forgot to mention I'm in my land cruiser in AZ. Renee's in CA and has my check book. Too much information at Christmas? Bottom liner: no checks to pay the old fashioned way. And one last thing- Diapensia is stored inside this safe from the harsh Maine winter snow and wind and rain and ice. We miss the Bahamas....Merry Christmas.
Markst95
Location: 1972 Typhoon Weekender "SWIFT" Hull #289 Narragansett Bay, RI

Post by Markst95 »

Go to the Yahoo mail site and click on I can't access my account. Click on the I forgot my password button and follow the instructions, you should be able to reset it.
Oswego John
Location: '66 Typhoon "Grace", Hull # 42, Schooner "Ontario", CD 85D Hull #1

Password

Post by Oswego John »

When you do retrieve your old password or receive a new one, somewhere near the log-in box, you should find another small box that says "Remember this pass word"

Ckick on it and the next time you log in, post your name and click "log in". You should automatically log on to CDSOA without entering your pass word.

I forget mine all the time. I simply write all my necessary garbage on yellow stickys. Have you ever seen yellow wallpaper? I have. :D

O J
"If I rest, I rust"
Voting Member #490
Ed Haley

OJ, the new Webmaster!!

Post by Ed Haley »

Hey, OJ. All this reticence about knowing what to do with a computer seems to be behind you now. Are you taking Catherine's place for the holidays???

Keep those dark 'n stormies at hand for snowbound visitors. :wink:
mgphl52

Firefox saves passwords quite nicely

Post by mgphl52 »

If it weren't for the Firefox "remember this password" feature, I'd not be able to logon to must of the places I visit...

Merry Christmas, everyone!!!

-michael
-michael & Toni CDSOA #789
s/v KAYLA CD28 #318
2012 FLSTC Heritage Classic
Niceville FL
+30° 30' 24.60", -86° 26' 32.10"
"Just because it worked, doesn't mean it works." -me
No shirt + No shorts = No problem!
Oswego John
Location: '66 Typhoon "Grace", Hull # 42, Schooner "Ontario", CD 85D Hull #1

Reticence

Post by Oswego John »

Reticence.

Wait a minute while I look that word up to see if you're giving me an atta-boy or cussin' me up behind my back.

If the truth be known, a girlfriend of my grandson, maybe a soph or junior in high school is now my computer personal trainer. She is kind and understanding of "gramps".

Not so, my grandson. When I ask him a computer question like maybe sending pictures, he thinks that I'm putting him on and says "Hey c'mon gramps, sheesh, that's Computer 101 stuff. Gimme a break". He's getting a Christmas card from The Dollar Store this year, no Hallmark.

I really and truly feel sorry for the kids of this generation. They're missing out on so much vital general knowledge. I bet a dollar to a doughnut that not one out of a hundred of them knows the proper way to sharpen a wood adz. They'd all be totally lost trying to replace a typewriter ribbon. "Duh, what's a standard stick tranny"? Most of them haven't a clue on the proper way to hitch up a set of suspender braces. See what I mean. Lord help us with what the next generation's baggage will bring.

Now if you'll excuse me. I have to go look up some high falooting word that His Excellency, my exalted Fleet Commander of the Great Lakes Fleet is flaunting around.

Now let's see, retic - - -# $ % , aw the heck with it.

Merry Christmas and Seasons Greetings to all,

O J

PS: Anybody know where I can get hold of a Webmaster application form? :D
"If I rest, I rust"
Voting Member #490