Bristol Marine

Discussions about Cape Dory, Intrepid and Robinhood sailboats and how we use them. Got questions? Have answers? Provide them here.

Moderator: Jim Walsh

Alan Holman
Location: As of 10/11/09 the proud new owner of Solo Noi(renaming scheduled for summer 2010)

Bristol Marine

Post by Alan Holman »

I'm heading down to Bristol RI to pickup my new-to-me old CD25. She is presently moored at the Bristol Yacht Club. I'm told Bristol Marine is next door and they have all the facilities to lift her out and onto my trailer.
Is anyone on the board familiar with Bristol Marine?
JWSutcliffe

Post by JWSutcliffe »

I have been to Bristol Marine before - they have a travellift and can handle a CD25. If you are looking to get it lifted onto a trailer at this busy time of year I would recommend calling ahead.
Skip Sutcliffe
CD31 Oryx
Duncan Maio

Post by Duncan Maio »

I have kept my CD27 at Bristol Marine for - yikes - over ten years now. Good crew, good service, friendly folks, all the services you could want.

As Skip said, however, it is a very busy time as they store something like 300 boats at the yard. You might want to plan on leaving the trailer there for a few days if they can't give you a precise schedule. The Travellift is a bit tide-dependent for larger boats, and that tends to mess with the schedule especially with rainy/windy days, of which we have had a few.

Jill usually answers the phone. Andy Tyska runs the place. Say Hi for me.
Duncan Maio
s/v Remedy
CD27 #37
Bristol, RI
Alan Holman
Location: As of 10/11/09 the proud new owner of Solo Noi(renaming scheduled for summer 2010)

Bristol Marine

Post by Alan Holman »

Thanks for your help guys. I've spoken with Jill
and they seem very accommodating. Duncan, Jill
passes along her thanks for your recommendation.
Again my thanks for your help.
Al Holman
kerlandsen

Post by kerlandsen »

I bought my Sea Sprite while it was there. Great experience. They caused some slight damage to my lower gudgeon, but fixed it no problem. I hired them to do some shaft work. It was pricey, but done properly.
I really enjoyed having the boat there last winter.

Kyle