CD 25D for sale

Selling or looking for a Cape Dory? Selling or looking for used gear? List your "Wanted to Buy" or "For Sale" items here.
Tracuman
Location: Callipygian 1982 Cape Dory 25D Hull #9 Treasure Island Fla

CD 25D for sale

Post by Tracuman »

Well, it's finally come to this. As much as I don't want to sell her, it's time to think about moving up. We've had a little over two years of enjoyment, but the growing family needs a bit more space. So here she is:

1982 CD 25D Hull #9 she's in good shape with very dry bilge.
In 2007 she got New bottom paint, new batteries, teak refinished, and new stainless steel drive shaft. In 2008 we added roller furling and a new stereo. She has three additional sails including storm jib. I also have a custom trailer for her that I used to move her from Texas to Florida. Asking $18,900 including the trailer.
It's not what you have, but what you do with it that counts.
Tracuman

More detail for you

Post by Tracuman »

YEAR/MAKE/MODEL: 1982 Cape Dory 25D

REASON FOR SALE: Would like to move up to larger
CD.

PRICE: $18,900.00 negotiable -- all offers considered

ACCOMMODATIONS: Sleeps 2-4, new brass reading lamps; has non-traditional forward bath and shower with wet and dry storage areas., 2 salon berths (one pulls out to a double); custom handrails; ice box and sink; marine toilet with holding tank; hanging locker; headroom 5'11".

CONSTRUCTION: Carl Alberg designed full keel with heavy hand laid fiberglass with internal ballast allows her to maintain a steady course in heavy winds, exterior teak.

SPECS: LOA: 25' 0"; LWL: 19'0"; BEAM: 8'0"; DRAFT: 3'6" ; MAST HEIGHT ABOVE DWL: 32'0"'; DISPLACEMENT: 5,120 lbs.; BALLAST: 2,050 lbs.

ENGINE: Yanmar 1GM Diesel 7.5 H.P.

FUEL/WATER/HOLDING TANKS: 12 gallons/24 gallons/14 gallons

ELECTRICAL: 2 12-volt batteries with selector switch; electric and manual bilge pumps

ELECTRONICS: Knot/Depth; Compass; VHF; Loran C; am/fm/cd'Shore power

SAILS AND RIGGING: Aluminum deck-stepped mast and boom; all stainless standing rigging; Lewmar winches; Pro Furl roller-furling; 3 additional jibs including storm jib.

OTHER: Double lifelines; boarding gates [port & starboard] and swim ladder; Ground tackle included.

E-mail: Email only please (johnatkisson@hotmail.com) or PM.

http://cid-5899f179a9107667.skydrive.li ... allipygian
Tracuman

Anybody seen this before? (Looks like a scam to me!)

Post by Tracuman »

Here's one of the response emails I got:

Hello,
Thanks for your swift response, And am okay about the present condition of the it as stated by you, I am really pleased with the Boat, but i believed you are telling me the real fact, because i cannot come over to your location now due to the nature of my work and where i live Belfast UK.
I understand that the payment(check)will clear first before arranging for the pick-up and shipment of the it.And about the shipment, have got a friend that is goin to handle that for me..
If you are ok with the arrangements, kindly provide me with the following details as below so that the payment can be made to you

NAME .........

Full address .......

POSTCODE ...............

NUMBER OF TELEPHONE ................

COUNTRY ......................

YOUR FINAL PRICE.................

I am very sure that is a honest person and I want to deal with you. Do not worry about the shippment. I have a shipping company that will come for the shipment at your location.. Hope to read you
as soon as possible.. So you get back to me fast..

Why would anyone buy site unseen? Anybody else seen this before when selling?
mahalocd36

Post by mahalocd36 »

It's a scam. Don't bother replying.
Melissa Abato
www.sailmahalo.com
Sea Hunt
Location: Former caretaker of 1977 Cape Dory Typhoon Weekender (Hull #1400) "S/V Tadpole"

Post by Sea Hunt »

For what it is worth, I think you are correct. This is a scam. The language, words and syntax are inconsistent with general UK or Belfast specific grammar, punctuation, etc.

My guess is if you respond the author will shortly ask for your banking information so he can wire transfer direct to your account (to make it easier and "quicker" for you to get your money). After you provide that information he will advise you that because of "international banking restrictions" he will need access codes to your account or will need YOU to send funds somewhere with a story about conversion rates, etc., possibly even a scenario where he has won the Belfast lottery but cannot get the money just yet but will soon if only you could assist with making funds available briefly.

Also, while I am not a computer expert (despite Cathy M.'s appreciation for all of the technical assistance provided to her yesterday :D ) you really have no idea where this guy is located. He could well be in Nigeria, the land where the "bank letter scam" was perfected into a fine art form.

A simple question. Why would anyone want to transport a 26 year old sailboat from Florida to the UK :?: It will probably cost him as much to transport as your asking price. I am assuming they still have reasonably well built sailboats in the UK - not Cape Dory sailboats, but still reasonably well built.

With respect to my assistance to Cathy M., I should add that my good friend Oswego John was equally instrumental in providing Internet assistance, etc. to Cathy. Between the two of us we were able to resolve almost all of the issues she was stuck on.

Now, if I could just figure out how to post pictures on this website. :( I'm guessing it must have something to do with RAMs and GBs or possibly a USB interface issue :wink: :D Darn that WiFi connection :!:
Fair winds,

Robert

Sea Hunt a/k/a "The Tadpole Sailor"
CDSOA #1097
Tracuman

Haven't heard back

Post by Tracuman »

Yep, you're all correct. I did reply with my work information and requested more details from this "buyer". Needless to say I have heard nothing at all since. It's amazing the lengths these folks will go to try to cheat someone else.
Thanks for the feedback and advise!
Tracuman

New price

Post by Tracuman »

I think including the trailer has made this a bit confusing, so I'm also offering Callipygian without the trailer for $16,900. If you've had a look at her already and can share your impression with others, please feel free to do so. I think she's a great boat with a long future! (of course, I'm biased :)
Tracuman

She's still available

Post by Tracuman »

I've had a lot of contacts and some looks with only a couple of serious buyers, but she's still available with our without the trailer.
rob353

Re: She's still available

Post by rob353 »

Hi,

Do you still have your CD 25D?

Thanks.

Rob Lewis
rob353@nedernet.net
Rob Lewis
Tracuman

She's still available

Post by Tracuman »

Hi Rob,
Yes she is still available. I've got a few folks coming to take a look this weekend and next, but do not have a buyer.
rob353

Re: She's still available

Post by rob353 »

Tracuman wrote:Hi Rob,
Yes she is still available. I've got a few folks coming to take a look this weekend and next, but do not have a buyer.
Not sure which address to use so trying this one.

Thanks for the quick reply. Do you have an equipment list? What needs to be done to her currently and/or in the near future?

Rob
Rob Lewis
Tracuman

She's in good shape

Post by Tracuman »

Hi Rob,
I sent you a PM, but she's in good shape, I sail her all the time.
Only thing needed now(when the we get dryer weather here in Florida), is touch up on the teak. I put 3 coats of Cetol and 2 Coats of clear on all the teak and it held up pretty well, but there's some wear on the exposed edges. Not too bad for almost 3 years!
Added pro-furl roller furling last year. Check your PM and I'll send you pictures, etc.
Tracuman

Here's my lower price, if interested

Post by Tracuman »

I've done some research and found that my price may be a bit high (even though I think she's in excellent shape for her age). Yes, the teak needs a bit of attention, but the hull is solid and we're still sailing and enjoying her. At any rate, I could part with her for $15,500, but that would not include the trailer (and I'm finding that not everyone wants or needs the trailer). She's easy to single hand now that the profurl is on and the Yanmar diesel still starts right up first time every time......get her before the sailing season kicks in I don't want to give her up!
Tracuman

NEW PRICE (again...sorry)

Post by Tracuman »

OK. I've posted this boat for sale on some other sites, so to keep consistency, the price is $14,900 without the trailer. I'm selling the trailer, but seperately as not everyone wants or needs the trailer (and I'm getting plenty of requests for just the trailer.)
palape

CD 25D

Post by palape »

Greetings,

Is the boat still available and,if so, when could I come and take a look? I'm about a two hour drive away and on the hunt for a CD25D.

Cheers,

Phil Lape
philip.lape@gmail.com
Phil Lape