toe rail and bilge pump questions

Discussions about Cape Dory, Intrepid and Robinhood sailboats and how we use them. Got questions? Have answers? Provide them here.

Moderator: Jim Walsh

alsaleen
Racine, Wi

toe rail and bilge pump questions

Post by alsaleen »

i am about to tackle my teak toe rail on my ty weekender restoration job its very dry as in been sitting in the sun for about 5 years its pitted out does anyone have any helpful suggestions or helpful hints, about how much would it cost to replace and where could i order it from?

also i am at work and i need to pick up some bildge pump hose for the manual pump that the boat come with does anyone know the diamater i forgot to check last night thanks!!
Anthony P. Jeske
FLYING CIRCUS

Teak Redo

Post by Anthony P. Jeske »

Hi:
If you go to "Cape Dory Info" on this site, then click on "Where to Look, then "Parts and Supplies", then "Teak & Lumber", you'll find the address, etc. for Mystic Millwork. They can supply teak components for your Ty.
I think you'll find that sanding and refinishing your existing teak is by far the cheaper and faster alternative. Remember you'll have to attach the new parts by drilling and then plugging with teak plugs, which you'll have to sand smooth and then varnish or Cetol.
Search the archives for lots of teak refinishing help.
Regards,
Tony Jeske