303 Areospace Protectant

Discussions about Cape Dory, Intrepid and Robinhood sailboats and how we use them. Got questions? Have answers? Provide them here.

Moderator: bobdugan

rtbates

303 Areospace Protectant

Post by rtbates »

Anyone use this stuff on your gel coat? It's just may be the ticket!
I use it on just about everything else with outstanding results. Next time I'm at the boat, this weekend, I will try it and see what I see.
Randy 25D Seraph #161
Steve Laume

Post by Steve Laume »

I use it on plastic white water boats to give them additional sun protection. I would check to see if it has any silicon in it before spraying or wiping it on the gel coat then use accordingly.

It might be great on deck areas that are hard to polish, Steve.
rtbates

Post by rtbates »

Steve Laume wrote:I use it on plastic white water boats to give them additional sun protection. I would check to see if it has any silicon in it before spraying or wiping it on the gel coat then use accordingly.

It might be great on deck areas that are hard to polish, Steve.
Good advice Steve. Sure don't want to apply any silicone to the gel coat.

thanks
Randy 25D Seraph #161
seadawg
Corpus Christi, Tx.

Post by seadawg »

Carful- I accidently got a little on deck when I treated the hatch cover and it was very slippery.
rtbates

Re: reply

Post by rtbates »

seadawg wrote:Carful- I accidently got a little on deck when I treated the hatch cover and it was very slippery.
Thanks for the headsup. That's a problem, shine that is. Shine equals slippery. My main objective is to make the topsides shiny, with the boat in the water. as well as the cabin and cockpit vertical surfaces. The surfaces that butt up to the non-skid will be treated very carefully.
Randy 25D Seraph #161