Vacuum Sander Recommendations?

Discussions about Cape Dory, Intrepid and Robinhood sailboats and how we use them. Got questions? Have answers? Provide them here.

Moderator: Jim Walsh

Steve Laume

Lie-Nielsen

Post by Steve Laume »

Sea Hunt, you have obviously never had the pleasure of holding one of those fine planes. Definitely not a toy and worth the money. It is just a matter of weather you have that much to spend on a fine tool. You could be sailing a nice cheap little whatever instead of an extremely well built classic, Cape Dory, sailboat but you know the value of what you have got. I would go with a trim router and a round over bit. Those are fine planes and you have a beautiful boat, Steve.
Kurt
9' Dyer,
Grosse Pointe, Michigan

Bosch 6" 1250DEVS - best random orbital sander in the w

Post by Kurt »

I whole heartedly recommend the top of the line Bosch 6" random orbital sander. It's a commercial duty unit and is the only random orbit sander I know of that has a gear driven sanding pad that's impossible to stall. I've had the previous model of the same unit for over 15 years and have done A LOT of heavy duty bottom paint sanding with it. I've gone through at least 100 sanding discs (mostly 36 grit) over the years and it has always performed admirably.

http://bosch.cpotools.com/sanders/all_s ... 0devs.html
tartansailor

Yes, I agree!

Post by tartansailor »

Got one.
It does it all, fast.

Dick