Sail Cleaning and Reconditioning

Discussions about Cape Dory, Intrepid and Robinhood sailboats and how we use them. Got questions? Have answers? Provide them here.

Moderator: Jim Walsh

altontom

Sail Cleaning and Reconditioning

Post by altontom »

Has anybody had sails cleaned and reconditioned by SailCare in PA. I would appreciate any comments regarding this or any other companies that provide this service. Thanks Tom
seadawg
Corpus Christi, Tx.

(reply)

Post by seadawg »

Tom, SailCare recently cleaned, repaired and recut my mainsail for a new bimini. The work was superb. My 25 year old mainsail looks and feels almost brand new. The shape is excelent and the cost was reasonable. I believe they have a winter discount going on now and I plan to send them my headsails at the end of the local sailing season. They arn't real speedy but that shouldn't be a problem this time of the year. Cheers, Charlie
Ron M.

Post by Ron M. »

Tom,
The search feature of this board is a great resource. Use it, and I'm sure you will find many who have had positive experiences with this outfit, including myself........2 thumbs up.
________
MERCEDES-BENZ SLK-CLASS HISTORY
Last edited by Ron M. on Feb 11th, '11, 05:57, edited 1 time in total.
mahalocd36

old threads..

Post by mahalocd36 »

Yes there are a few threads on this already - put 'SailCare' in your search box. But yes, they are highly recommended, did wonders for our sails, did repairs, and the cost wasn't outrageous either.
Melissa Abato
www.sailmahalo.com
crazywilbur

sailcare

Post by crazywilbur »

Did my main sail looks brand new. 130 bucks 25 cd
dockmaster at fhyc