Warning Lights on Engine Panel

Discussions about Cape Dory, Intrepid and Robinhood sailboats and how we use them. Got questions? Have answers? Provide them here.

Moderator: Jim Walsh

Bob Owens
City Island, New York

Warning Lights on Engine Panel

Post by Bob Owens »

Question about identifying the warning lights on my Yanmar engine panel: Since I have never had an engine problem (It is true!) and since all three lights go out immediately after the engine starts, I have never had occasion to pay much attention to the three warning lights. I have one of the older, simplest type panels: Two lights over and under on the left side of the panel and a third light in the upper right corner. Maddeningly, my original 8 YSB bochure has contradictory info. on succeeding pages. The right hand light is consistently identified as the oil pressure warning light. But on one page the upper left corner light is labeled as the cooling water temperature light and the lower left the charging light; the next pages reverses the labels for these left-side lights. Can anyone help? Thanks much.
Bob
Mark Yashinsky
Second Chance

Is this knowledge or do you have a problem?

Post by Mark Yashinsky »

Turn the ignition switch on, but dont start the engine and look at the symbols. Believe they use the zig-zag line (lighting bolt) for charging, and the other two I will have to look at my panel to remember, but they should be obvious.
Ron M.

Try this

Post by Ron M. »

Remove the panel and trace the leads to the sending units on the engine. For a start........ that should send you in the right direction.
________
Hirotoshi Honda