Salem /Marblehead Harbors

Discussions about Cape Dory, Intrepid and Robinhood sailboats and how we use them. Got questions? Have answers? Provide them here.

Moderator: Jim Walsh

Big E
Salem, MA

Salem /Marblehead Harbors

Post by Big E »

I've been in Salem Harbor since May & have seen at least 3 other CD25's (Sprite, Auburn, others) I am proposing a goodwill race sometime in September... Might be fun, yes? Perhaps a raft up at Misery as well...All CD25's on the North Shore chime in & lemme know who's interested (I know you're out there!!)
bhartley
CD25D #184 "Pyxis"

CDSOA Member #785

Count our Ty in...

Post by bhartley »

We're heading up there shortly. Our mooring is off Naugus head.

Bly
Big E
Salem, MA

Post by Big E »

I would be in remiss if I've forgotten Beverly & Manchester harbors as well...
Neil Gordon
Location: s/v LIQUIDITY, CD28. We sail from Marina Bay on Boston Harbor. Try us on channel 9.

Post by Neil Gordon »

If you can make it to Boston, Sept. 27th is the Harbor Island Regatta. At least three 28s and three 25s will be racing.
Fair winds, Neil

s/v LIQUIDITY
Cape Dory 28 #167
Boston, MA

CDSOA member #698
Roy J.
Location: The fleet: Auburn CD-25, CD-28 #255 as yet unnamed Marblehead MA

Happy to join in!

Post by Roy J. »

Assuming we are in town, Auburn and family would be happy to join in. And we are registered for the BHIR on 9/27, so we hope to see many others gethered there to get our sterns kicked by Stan and Nonsly. We are down next to the Rockmore with the french fry-eating seabass.
Roy Jacobowitz
Neil Gordon
Location: s/v LIQUIDITY, CD28. We sail from Marina Bay on Boston Harbor. Try us on channel 9.

Re: Happy to join in!

Post by Neil Gordon »

Roy J. wrote:... so we hope to see many others gethered there to get our sterns kicked by Stan and Nonsly.
No, no!!! That's why I've arranged for the 25s to race as their own class. I spoke with my friend on the Harbor Island Alliance board of directors and she's forwarding my *request* for a class trophy for the 25s to the race committee. Fear not... they really appreciate the support they're getting from the Cape Dory fleet.
Fair winds, Neil

s/v LIQUIDITY
Cape Dory 28 #167
Boston, MA

CDSOA member #698
jbenagh
Salem, MA

sounds great!

Post by jbenagh »

my family & I would love to join in. this sounds like a great idea. we'll also be at BHIR.
MoJac
Salem, MA

New CD25 owner in Salem MA

Post by MoJac »

I just launched a new to me Cape Dory 25 that I actually traded a 19 foot sloop of the same vintage for. She had been on the hard for the last seven years and after allot of elbow grease and a few fixes here and there she is now in the water in Eliot, ME. I hope (pending good weather) to be sailing her to my mooring in Salem, MA (Winter Island) this weekend. I think it would be great to meet up with some other CD owners in the Salem area. A raft up at Misery is always a good way to meet new people, I'm not much of a racer (nor is my boat / sails in any condition to) but I think I could be convinced to try it if a few other CD25's were interested.

p.s. this online group is simply the greatest!!! A big reason I became interested in CD's.
Greg
s/v "MoJac"
Cape Dory 25 #712
Salem, MA
Peter J Baumgartner

Sounds good

Post by Peter J Baumgartner »

Good idea. London, my CD 27, is moored at Hawthorne Cove in Salem this year. Assuming I'm in town we would love to join you all at Misery. (But I am crewing in the Hull Great Chase Race on 9/6 and the BHIR on 9/27.)
John Ring

Sure

Post by John Ring »

I'd be happy to keep Tantalus at anchor off Misery and hang on to tenders while the CD25s go racing. There are lots of CDs in the area; I'm just down the coast a bit too.

Best,
John Ring
CD28 Tantalus
www.yachttantalus.us
Sailing involves the courage to cherish adventure and the wisdom to fear danger. Knowing where one ends, and the other begins, makes all the difference.