Spinnaker halyard on CD 26 or 25D

Discussions about Cape Dory, Intrepid and Robinhood sailboats and how we use them. Got questions? Have answers? Provide them here.

Moderator: Jim Walsh

BillNH

Spinnaker halyard on CD 26 or 25D

Post by BillNH »

Has anyone added a bail for a spinnaker halyard block to the masthead of their CD 26 or 25D?

If so, did you lengthen the forestay pin for the bail or drill holes and add another pin? How long a bail did you use?

I know this is unlikely as most masts are stepped now in mid-summer, but anyone have a photo of this modification?

Thanks,
Bill
Anthony P. Jeske
FLYING CIRCUS

Spinnaker Bail

Post by Anthony P. Jeske »

Hi Bill:
Spinnaker bails for Cape Dorys are carried by Rig-Rite. You need to have your mast section measurements, i.e. width and depth on hand in order to identify the stock number of your mast. Once you have the mast section number, you can go to the spinnaker bail section of their web page and determine which bail is the one for your mast.
You'll note that they all bolt to the casting at the top of your mast. It's not necessary to adjust any shrouds or stays.
I was able to install a spinnaker bail to the top of the mast on my CD-28 while the mast was raised, rigged and the boat was in the water.
Good Luck!
Tony Jeske
barfwinkle

Assuming

Post by barfwinkle »

you have the same mast as a 25D & 26 then follow this link, scroll down and look at the spinnaker bail.

I did the same as Tony and no fuss no muss.

http://www.rigrite.com/Spars/Spartan_Sp ... _mast.html

Fair winds
Bill Member #250.
BillNH

Thanks guys!

Post by BillNH »

Thanks guys!