Woodworker, looking for jobs on boats.

Discussions about Cape Dory, Intrepid and Robinhood sailboats and how we use them. Got questions? Have answers? Provide them here.

Moderator: Jim Walsh

Lang

Woodworker, looking for jobs on boats.

Post by Lang »

As in my other post, I will be stationed in Burlington VT this summer. My husband will accompany me on this trip and I think he might be looking for jobs.

He was a woodworker til he retired 10yrs ago to go sailing. He has done many woodworking projects on his own BCC and have many good review on his prior work. BTW, he does a great job with varnishing.

Let me know if you are in the area of VT and need an extra pair of hands with your projects this summer.

Cheers everyone!
Lang
Lang

Post by Lang »

Hey, I ought to mention this. He is US citizen, lived mostly in California. He left the US nearly 10 yrs ago, sailing his BCC to Asia.
We were hit by the Indian Ocean Tsunami of 2004 and are still repairing his BCC. Suitable replacement spreaders and spruce for bowsprit are just not available in Asia, hence its taking a long time and lots of money.

I am hoping that our trip to US will be fruitful and that we can finish up repairs soon and go cruising again.

Thank you for reading this post. Do let us know if there are jobs available. Cheers!