Traded

Discussions about Cape Dory, Intrepid and Robinhood sailboats and how we use them. Got questions? Have answers? Provide them here.

Moderator: Jim Walsh

trapper
CD25D, Lake Murray SC

Traded

Post by trapper »

I just traded my CD22 "QT" for a CD25D "Saga Blue" (Saga). Saga needs some work and I am sure I will be seeking much advise in the coming weeks.

Both boats are in Charleston. We hope to have both boats hauled by the end of next week. "QT" will be delivered to her new owners in Newberry SC (former owners of Saga) and Saga will come to Columbia for some much needed TLC and upgrading then on to Lake Murray as a permanent port of call. We hope to trailer her to some distant places to sail. :D
bhartley
CD25D #184 "Pyxis"

CDSOA Member #785

Congrats on the upgrade!

Post by bhartley »

We added a 25D last year and have absolutely loved her. We had been sailing a Sea Sprite 23. Pyxis is in the water year round and the extra cabin space is much appreciated.

Now where are those pictures????

Bly

Sailing Pyxis CD25D on Lake Hartwell GA/SC
Dick Barthel

Congratulations!

Post by Dick Barthel »

Trapper,

I've been sailing a 25D for 5 years...you're gonna love it.

Dick
trapper
CD25D, Lake Murray SC

CD25D

Post by trapper »

I cant wait to sail her. No pics yet. We are 90 miles from Charleston. My husband went down yesterday and preped the 22 for hauling (took down her mast & stuff). He will go down later this week and pick up the 22.

Then we will turn our attention to the CD25D. She is on a mooring in Charleston Harbor and its hard to get to her. We will have to get her towed to the travel lift. THen I can get pics. With any luck, that will be next week.
barfwinkle

Congratulations

Post by barfwinkle »

Well done Fran. I sure you'll return Saga to her former glory in due time. Welcome to the 25D family.

Fair winds and again Congratulations.
Bill Member #250.
CruiseAlong
Seaford, VA

SAGA "Blue"...super

Post by CruiseAlong »

Natural progession....happy days....we also moved from a SS23 to a CD26 (SAGA also) as some have done...now to a CD31. The CD25D is very similar...you will enjoy...wishing the best for fair winds and happy times....Dana
trapper
CD25D, Lake Murray SC

Progression

Post by trapper »

Thanks Dana. I hope I am through with the 25D. We bought the 22 to knock around in on the Stono River and Charleston Harbor. We fell in love with the Cape Dory. We travel some and bare boat. When others on the board were towing their 25Ds and cruising--I thought--we could do that-- so the up grade. We also have a 40' Ketch --not a cape dory-- an English boat-- Colvic Victor.

While my husband is retired, I am still working-- and will be for a long time to come. The cruising boat that can be towed is going to work great for us.

They will pull the 22 out on Thursday and then try to start the engine on the 25D. I am crossing my fingers that it will start. I had hoped that he could get a trailer built for her this week but it will not happen--so it will be several weeks before she gets hauled out. It will all happen in good time.

Thanks for all the good wishes
Dick Kobayashi
Location: Former owner of 3 CDs, most recently Susan B, a 25D

Congratulations

Post by Dick Kobayashi »

Based on seven years of experience I can tell you that the 25D is a pleasure to sail and as a platform for a beer or two. The Board has been an consistent source of top flight assistance. btw the 25D received very good reviews by John Vigor in his "Twenty Small Sailboats..." There are many folks on the board with experience with the 1 GM engine that powers the 25D should you need it.[/i][/b]
Dick K
CD 25D Susan B #104
Mattapoisett, MA

Fleet Captain - Northeast Fleet 2014/2015

Tempus Fugit. And not only that, it goes by fast. (Ron Vacarro 1945 - 1971)
trapper
CD25D, Lake Murray SC

25D

Post by trapper »

Thanks Dick. I know I am going to enjoy the 25D. As for the 1gm, I just hope he can get it started so we can move her to the dock and then to the travel lift. We bought a rebuilt 2gm and will repower. And, yes I will needs lots of help from the board.[/b]
barfwinkle

Not Only That

Post by barfwinkle »

The Board has been an consistent source of top flight assistance.
I would encourage ANYONE reading this post that is not a member of CDSOA, PLEASE consider joining at your earliest convenience.

The cost of maintaining this board is not cheap. Whether we are talking about server space, ISP fees, or the volunteers hours spent maintaining it as a civil and VERY KNOWLEDGEABLE resource, it all adds up. Now that we have said that, can you think of just one "BOAT CHORE" that has been simplified, or one "BOAT UNIT" that has been stretched, or one "MEMBER WE HAVE MET FACE TO FACE" that wasn't worth the price of membership.

$40 is but a penitence to pay for the value of this board and the value added to our boats is beyond belief! Exponential in fact. SO, if you are reading this post and are not a member of the CDSOA, please give it some serious thought. Who knows, one of these days you may decide to sell the beloved CD, and the prospective buyer may say "Man I love that Bulletin Board" and all of it resources.

Give it some thought Captains!

Bill Slater
Rear Commodore
CDSOA, Inc

Follow this link to join http://www.capedory.org/cdsoapp2.pdf
Bill Member #250.
barfwinkle

(NM)

Post by barfwinkle »

bump
Bill Member #250.
Joe Myerson
Location: s/v Creme Brulee, CD 25D, Hull #80, Squeteague Harbor, MA

Welcome!

Post by Joe Myerson »

Let me join the other 25D and former 25D owners in welcoming you to this board.

The boat is wonderful: easy to handle, seaworthy and comfy. And the board is a font of invaluable experience and information.

Please, accept Bill's invitation and join CDSOA.

All the best with your new boat.

--Joe
Former Commodore, CDSOA
Former Captain, Northeast Fleet
S/V Crème Brûlée, CD 25D, Hull # 80

"What a greate matter it is to saile a shyppe or goe to sea."
--Capt. John Smith, 1627
trapper
CD25D, Lake Murray SC

Pics

Post by trapper »

Finally got a few pics. As you can see, I have my work cut out for me. She was scheduled to be towed on Monday from her mooring in Charleston harbor to "St John's Yacht Harbor", formerly "Buzzard's Roost" but the weather was not cooperative.

The weather looks good today. So I will have lots of pics this weekend--

Can't wait to get started! :D

http://s206.photobucket.com/albums/bb146/ftrapp/Saga/
rtbates

congrates

Post by rtbates »

Congrates on your 25D.

Happy sailing
Randy 25D Seraph #161
John Laton

Good Luck with 25D

Post by John Laton »

Congrats !

I myself just picked one up in NY late last year and will bring her up to New Haven CT at the end of this month. She also needs some work and I'm yet to know for sure if the engine runs. I had a CD25, Flicka20 (which I can attest to as the greatest little 20' yacht ever in anything over 12 + knots.. If you closed your eyes you would swear you were on a 30 footer..but she was not designed for the soft winds of LI sound in the Summer). I just sold my Com-pac 27 which had tons of room that I found I did not need.. Hence the CD25d filled in all spaces for me. Best of luck in her refit and would like to see more Pics as she progresses.

John
CD25D # 55