rookie sailor - first post

Discussions about Cape Dory, Intrepid and Robinhood sailboats and how we use them. Got questions? Have answers? Provide them here.

Moderator: Jim Walsh

fsuhre

rookie sailor - first post

Post by fsuhre »

My initial post. And a hardy thankyou to the members of this discussion group. What a fabulous resource for a rookie sailor like myself. I became the proud owner of a CD27, hull #101 (previously named MAI PEN LIA, now Gabrielle) a couple of years ago (Mar 2006). For the 2006-2007 seasons Gabrielle primarily performed day-sailing duties on the Chesapeake Bay near Solomons MD. as her new skipper relearned how to sail. Hopefully the 2008 season will include a few multiday excursion. More later.
Bart
Paul D.

Post by Paul D. »

Bart,

Welcome to the board! Hope all goes well and let us know what questions and advice you have.

Paul
Dean Abramson

Welcome

Post by Dean Abramson »

Bart,

Congrats on the boat! You will find plenty of folks happy to respond to questions. Welcome aboard.

Dean
Dean Abramson
Cape Dory 31 "Loda May"
Falmouth, Maine
Sea Owl
CD25 Hull#438
Monmouth Beach, NJ

Post by Sea Owl »

Bart;

Please write in and say the "T" word (Baby Frog...) - Spring is coming, and I could use a Guiness from Sea Hunt! :D

Welcome aboard, and remember - everyone on this board had to learn to sail at some point. Some of us just started a lot later!

Warm regards.
Sea Owl
CDSOA Member #1144
wingreen

OOh, nice boat...

Post by wingreen »

...and welcome to the board. It's pretty safe to say that everyone here is great, and willing to share their greatness.
Dixon Hemphill

Rookie sailor

Post by Dixon Hemphill »

I too welcome you aboard. The Discussion Group is the greatest thing since buttered toast. Over the past two years I have learned much from the knowlegable sailors who offer their expertise.

I too sail on the Chesapeake out of Annapolis and have a great time cruising around the area. Can't wait until the weather let's me get out on the water this spring!
Within the the unlocked homes of the Swedish villages on the shores of the Baltic around the rocks sings the sea.
Tod M

You sure picked a great

Post by Tod M »

boat and a great place to sail out of!

Although Ohio is my home port, I've sailed from Solomon's Island (Spring Cove Marina) a few times and always enjoy it immensely.

Unless my memory is faulty, this is the Hooper Island Light..

[img]http://www.htmills.com/images/LF-Chesap ... thouse.jpg[/img]
Wayne Brown

CD-27

Post by Wayne Brown »

I have an '84 CD-27 and just love her. She is a very managable boat both in cost and sailability. Get her out and sailing as often as you can and you will appreciate her good points. Good Luck

Wayne Brown
CD-27 WHISPER
Wayne