So Long Mad Hatter-Make way for Sierra Charlie

Discussions about Cape Dory, Intrepid and Robinhood sailboats and how we use them. Got questions? Have answers? Provide them here.

Moderator: Jim Walsh

David Sabourin
Tracy's Creek, Maryland

So Long Mad Hatter-Make way for Sierra Charlie

Post by David Sabourin »

Well it looks like it is going to happen. Our proposal to purchase a 41 Sceptre Pilothouse has been accepted. Wow! That means I own two boats......rut row. We are really excited about the upcoming sailing season and many to follow aboard this incredible boat. But not without a tear forming and a sad side to my face after 20+ years of owning the Mad Hatter. She is on the hard here in Md and will be getting a cosmetic makeover (all that I can afford or do myself) and should be offered for sale in late spring. Some lucky individual will be getting a special boat. We have added numerous upgrades over the past ten years. Nuff said about the Hatter......all you CDrs on the Bay keep a lookout for Sierra Charlie! Not sure about name changing....I know by tradition there is a long list of dos and don'ts.

In my heart I will always be a Caper Dorian and will keep in touch with the board and many members we have met. Since my old member number was 117 that shows I was there at the beginning down in St Marys City at the first meeting........lots of memories.

David Sabourin
Warren Kaplan
Location: Former owner of Sine Qua Non CD27 #166 1980 Oyster Bay Harbor, NY Member # 317

Post by Warren Kaplan »

Dave,

I remember my last view of Mad Hatter. You were leaving Oyster Bay after he 4th of July some years back and you set the spinnaker to sail out. Great sight on a great boat.

I saw Sierra Charlie on the broker's site (yachtworld???) and that's quite a boat your getting there.

Ya' did good my man!!!!
"I desire no more delight, than to be under sail and gone tonight."
(W. Shakespeare, Merchant of Venice)
David Sabourin
Tracy's Creek, Maryland

Post by David Sabourin »

Thanks for the kind words Warren......see ya around Oyster Bay soon......