New CD25 Owner

Discussions about Cape Dory, Intrepid and Robinhood sailboats and how we use them. Got questions? Have answers? Provide them here.

Moderator: Jim Walsh

jbenagh
Salem, MA

thanks for the welcome!

Post by jbenagh »

Wow, looks like a great group! It does seem like there are a bunch in the Salem area. I think we would like to try the Harbor Island Regatta next year, it sounds like we could have five or more CD25's. We will keep an eye out for all of you.

Carl, I think we will rename her -- I was outvoted in the family poll, 3-1 (or 4-1 if you include the surveyor). We don't have a new name picked out yet. I'll be sure post an update if/when it happens.

Denis, that's a nice website you have. I enjoyed the pictures and the links.

Jeff
Carl Thunberg

Fertile Recruiting Grounds?

Post by Carl Thunberg »

So, if there are 20 or 30 Cape Dorys in and around Salem and Marblehead, that means there are 20 or 30 existing or potential CDSOA members :)
CDSOA Commodore - Member No. 725

"The more I expand the island of my knowledge, the more I expand the shoreline of my wonder"
Sir Isaac Newton
Ed Norton

Post by Ed Norton »

Jeff,
Good luck. I sold a 17' ODay to buy a CD 25 as well. I enjoyed the 25 and spent a lot of time with my 4 children on it. My son and I found a beat up CD 27 several years ago which I purchased and restored. They are greta boats and will give you unlimited years of faithful service, enjoy.

Ed Norton
sv S.L.L.E.E.K. CD 27 #89
Fair Haven, New Jersey