Typhoon Cushion repairs

Discussions about Cape Dory, Intrepid and Robinhood sailboats and how we use them. Got questions? Have answers? Provide them here.

Moderator: Jim Walsh

Dick Villamil

Typhoon Cushion repairs

Post by Dick Villamil »

What type of product is there that can be used to repair abrasions or small tears in the naugahyde cushions? Is there a material that you can paint on like a thick filler that dries and remains flexible? Color is not important although the original blue would be best.
Judith

Post by Judith »

Short answer: there's almost certainly something. For instance, here's an EBay listing that popped up in a Google search:
<a href="http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/Liquid-L ... VW">Liquid Leather/Vinyl No-heat Repair Kit</a>

Also, I've seen this sort of product advertised for years in those off-hours-`mercials on TV. And I was just approached at work recently by a concern that specializes in repairing small tears to auto seat covers (I have a rental fleet of wheelchair-accessible vans). However, I have no idea how satisfactory any of these things may be.

Try a computer search or asking around at local upholstery shops.

CDSOA Webmaster wrote:Link modified by webmaster.
To unpathed waters, undreamed shores.
The Winter’s Tale. Act iv. Sc. 4.
Cathy Monaghan
Location: 1986 CD32 Realization #3, Rahway, NJ, Raritan Bay -- CDSOA Member since 2000. Greenline 39 Electra

Post by Cathy Monaghan »

Search on "vinyl repair kit" and you'll get lots of hits.