old wooden boats

Discussions about Cape Dory, Intrepid and Robinhood sailboats and how we use them. Got questions? Have answers? Provide them here.

Moderator: Jim Walsh

Steve Laume

Sure, right , Neil

Post by Steve Laume »

"One of the main things I have to avoid is letting this new boat get in the way of the work I am in the middle of on the first one...."

Sure Neil, that could never happen. You are doomed. This is like becoming involved with a beautiful, worldly and demanding, mature woman. The girl you have been messing with doesn't stand a chace. The poor thing, she was cute enough and she was fun but how could she compare? You had best make up your mind fast. Whoops, I guess you already have. I can't see the CD-25 receiving too much attention for much longer. Best of luck with your new love, Steve.
Neil Gordon
Location: s/v LIQUIDITY, CD28. We sail from Marina Bay on Boston Harbor. Try us on channel 9.

I get it now

Post by Neil Gordon »

Oswego John wrote:The defination of the difference between a ketch and a yawl is purely geographical.

People who live north of the Mason-Dixon Line say ketch. Those who live south of the line say ya'll.
In fact, they are both southern terms and the nautical connection has to do with the Confederate fishing "industry," as in...

"Did y'all ketch anything today?"

The notion of using the rudder post as a dividing line evolved from the following:

"Y'all fish back there and I'll ketch mine up here."
Fair winds, Neil

s/v LIQUIDITY
Cape Dory 28 #167
Boston, MA

CDSOA member #698