Deck, mast light fixture

Discussions about Cape Dory, Intrepid and Robinhood sailboats and how we use them. Got questions? Have answers? Provide them here.

Moderator: Jim Walsh

jokemo

Deck, mast light fixture

Post by jokemo »

Hi, I need to replace a two way lighting fixture on my CD 33. It is positioned on the aft side of the mast just above the spreaders. It looks like it illuminates both the mast and the cabin top- or its supposed to. Was this standard issue. And if it is not available what is an adequate substitute. Thanks for any feedback. John
Steve Laume

Aqua signal

Post by Steve Laume »

What ya got there is an Aqua Signal combination deck and steaming light. They should be available from most suppliers. This reminds me that I have to work on the deck connection for mine. I have a multi prong plug at the base of the mast. It is a constant source of bad connection. What I want to do is put in a water proof grommet and make the connection inside the boat. Good luck, Steve.
barfwinkle

Post by barfwinkle »

Hi, I need to replace a two way lighting fixture on my CD 33. It is positioned on the aft side of the mast just above the spreaders.
Hi John

I could be wrong, but the arrangement you describe does not sound correct. One of those lights should be a steaming light which should be visible forward of the mast!

Steve is correct about the availability of the fixtures. I replaced my several years ago. While I was at it, I re-wired it as well.

Steve, I can't find my website address at the moment (I am on the road), but I really like the way I re-did my mast wiring. It passes thourgh a piece of "plastic" grey conduit. It is water proof and all connections are below decks. If I can remember the URL, I'll post it for you to see.

FWFS

John here is the link if you are interested.

http://www.rhapsodysails.com/mastwire.html
Bill Member #250.
barfwinkle

Post by barfwinkle »

Bill Member #250.