Neat Items...

Discussions about Cape Dory, Intrepid and Robinhood sailboats and how we use them. Got questions? Have answers? Provide them here.

Moderator: Jim Walsh

Cathy Monaghan
Location: 1986 CD32 Realization #3, Rahway, NJ, Raritan Bay -- CDSOA Member since 2000. Greenline 39 Electra

Neat Items...

Post by Cathy Monaghan »

I was looking for a folding shopping cart and fast-drying microfiber bath towels for use on the boat and found this web site:

http://www.neatitems.com/

They really do have some "neat items" for boaters. Anyway, I just thought I'd share it with you.

Cathy
CD32 Realization, #3
Rahway, NJ
Raritan Bay
henry hey
Location: Former owner: CD25 - 'Homeward Bound' hull #711. Now sailing with C. Brey aboard Sabre 28 Delphine

neat items

Post by henry hey »

Cathy,

That is a nice collection of stuff.

It is also a horrific web design.

I never understand why a company in the business of sales would not invest just the smallest amount of time (or money) into creating a well organized web presence.

<sigh>

Alas.

-henry
Cathy Monaghan
Location: 1986 CD32 Realization #3, Rahway, NJ, Raritan Bay -- CDSOA Member since 2000. Greenline 39 Electra

Post by Cathy Monaghan »

I think it's just a "mom & pop" operation. The owners are cruisers that live on their boat -- doing their best with the resouces they've got and what they know. Anyway, despite the web site, the products look pretty good. I ordered 2 sets of quick-drying microfiber towels -- a set of Luxury of Reya and a set of Waffle Weave. I'll let you know if I like them. Now I've got my eye on the vaccuum canisters.

Cathy
CD32 Realizaiton, #3
Rahway, NJ
Raritan Bay
Solmar
Robinhood 36
Wolfeboro, NH

Did you like these towels?

Post by Solmar »

I know I'm digging this out of the Archives, but am interested in whether you liked the towels or not. I would like to hear about any one else's experiences also. There are so many products out there.

Thanks,
Debbie
Cathy Monaghan

Yep....

Post by Cathy Monaghan »

Hi Brian,

Yes. I purchased both the waffle-weave kind and the plush kind (Luxury of Reya).

The waffle-weave towels are thin but they're thirsty. So they don't take up much space when stowed. You can also squeeze the hell out of them -- something you can't do with regular cotton terry towels without tearing the fibers. So with less water in them, they dry quickly in the sun.

The plush towels look more like traditional cotton terry towels but they are much softer. They are also much thicker than the waffle-weave towels, but thinner than expensive cotton towels, so take up about the same amount of space as traditional towels. Like the waffle-weave towels, you can squeeze most of the water out of them without breaking the fibers and they also dry relatively quickly. Both types dry quicker than regular cotton towels.

Cathy
CD32 Realization, #3
Rahway, NJ
Raritan Bay