Puget Sound Rendezvous?

Discussions about Cape Dory, Intrepid and Robinhood sailboats and how we use them. Got questions? Have answers? Provide them here.

Moderator: Jim Walsh

russkendall

Puget Sound CD gathering.

Post by russkendall »

Michael:

Thanks for taking the lead in organizing this event. It'll be great fun. My wife, Therese, 2 YO son, Gus, and I would love to participate.
I have a commitment from Monday, Aug. 13 until Saturday, Aug. 18 and could not join the group during those dates.

Russ Kendall
Bellingham, WA
"Edna Brady"
CD 30c
Bob Maguire
Anacortes, WA

Rendezvous

Post by Bob Maguire »

Mike,

Stuart and Sucia Islands on the 4th through the 6th of August is good for me at this point.

Nice to hear from Bellingham.

Bob Maguire
Michael Ellis

Puget Sound Rendezvous

Post by Michael Ellis »

So far I have had eight (including myself) responses. There are 3 Yes, 2 Probable, 2 Maybe and 1 Doubtful. I have sent an Excel file to those for which I have email contact information to facilitate keeping updated on the plans. At this time the plan is as originally posted:

Stuart Island - Arrive Saturday 4 August. Anchor/raft in Reid Harbor. Stay through Sunday to accommodate late arrivals. Sail Monday for Sucia Island.

Sucia Island - Arrive Monday 6 August and anchor/raft in Shallow Bay. For those that want to continue together as a group and do some socializing tied to a dock, they would depart Tuesday for Roche Harbor.

Roche Harbor - Arrive Tuesday 7 August (this will require reservations) and plan to spend one night (or more since this is the end of the planned itinerary).

If you know of any other NW CD owners who might be interested in participating please let them know how to contact me. For those interested in the Roche Harbor stay, I should contact the Resort soon to make sure we can get in on that date, and if they can locate the participating boats in one area.

Thanks
Mike Ellis
jokemo

puget sound

Post by jokemo »

Hey Mike, Getting together this summer in the San Juans sounds great..anytime. I can't wait to learn how to sail my craft properly. My boat is in Bellingham and Kingston. Great idea. A good reason to spiff "Adagio" up, also. Thanks, John
Michael Ellis

Puget Sound Rendezvous

Post by Michael Ellis »

John,
Your CD 33 was the boat that got me obsessed with Cape Dories. I kept looking at Adagio on YachtWorld and the weekend I planned to go see it was the weekend it became “sale pending”. As it turned out I did find one I liked, a CD 330. It just happened to be 3000 miles away in SW Harbor Maine. This summer will be our first opportunity for an extended cruise as well.
Michael Ellis

Puget Sound Rendezvous - update

Post by Michael Ellis »

After sending an email to each Cape Dory owner in Washington listed on this web site's registry, we now have 6 yes, 6 maybe, 1 no (but yes for next year), and 2 doubtful (but still possible). So if there are any other NW Cape Dory owners who have been lurking, are interesting in participating, but haven't yet responded, send me an email.

Mike Ellis