Born to Build: The History of Cape Dory

Discussions about Cape Dory, Intrepid and Robinhood sailboats and how we use them. Got questions? Have answers? Provide them here.

Moderator: bobdugan

fmueller

Born to Build: The History of Cape Dory

Post by fmueller »

This was brought to my attention ...

https://capedoryhistory.com
Fred Mueller
Jerezana
CD 27 Narragansett Bay
JD-MDR

Re: Born to Build: The History of Cape Dory

Post by JD-MDR »

:) :) :)
WDM3579
MMSI 368198510
PerrySail27

Post by PerrySail27 »

Hopefully a few of you have purchased a copy of the history of the Cape Dory Company, written by Andy Vavolotis. It is a very personal story, and Andy invites the reader right into the production shop, and details so many of the decisions made that led to the great reputation Cape Dory Yachts developed over it's 25 years. Andy asked many of the boatbuilders and managers to contribute to the book (myself included), which, I think, added to the story immensely, allowing a glimpse of the dedication each of these people had to the wonderful yachts being built, and to Andy himself.
I hope all of you enjoy it!
www.capedoryhistory.com
tvangilder

Post by tvangilder »

I loved the book- I bought the first hardcover version that was available....

I was actually hoping Andy was going to show up for the huge Cape Dory Rendezvous in st michaels, md in May. I figured he could have made arrangements to have his book sold at the maritime museum store....

He is not attending though...
Thad Van Gilder
CD36 #53 "NIrvana"
Home Port: Rock Hall, Md
PerrySail27

Post by PerrySail27 »

Andy is planning to attend the Cabin Fever Luncheon on March 9th in Dover NH., and he will have some books available with him.
LSD87

Post by LSD87 »

I’m going to Cabin Fever this year. I’ve been before and they do a wonderful job. Seeing and meeting Andy will be special. Of course I’ll buy a book. I’m driving 3 1/2 hours and getting a hotel just to save shipping costs…haha
Steve Dawson
CD22
tmcclarren

Post by tmcclarren »

I very much enjoyed the book. It does truly give you a detailed insight into the processes that make this boat so popular. A dedicated team and an owner with vision is a winning combination.