CD 33 Spreaders

Selling or looking for a Cape Dory? Selling or looking for used gear? List your "Wanted to Buy" or "For Sale" items here.
JArsenault

CD 33 Spreaders

Post by JArsenault »

To make a long story short, after suffering the loss of both of my spreaders in a gale here on the Chesapeake, I need to find 2 replacements, plus the port mounting bracket for the mast. I've been in contact with Rig-Rite for about a month and no response yet from them. Anyone have ideas as to where to look for these parts?

Thanks
John Arsenault
vsail
Location: Previous owner of Cape dory 27 "Suela" Town River, Quincy, MA

Re: CD 33 Spreaders

Post by vsail »

Where are you located? Did you try a local salvage boat yard? They maybe able to help you.

Good luck!
vsail
Location: Previous owner of Cape dory 27 "Suela" Town River, Quincy, MA

Post by vsail »

Sorry, I was looking on my phone earlier. Lots of CDs 33 in Chesapeake area. That's where I found my "Brass Tacks".

Again, Good luck! And I will look around here on spreaders.

-Victor
JArsenault

Post by JArsenault »

Thanks for the reply - I'm having a very difficult time with Rig-Rite - they should have the parts, but it has been over 6 weeks of phone calls and emails and no results to show for it.

John
Jim Walsh

Post by Jim Walsh »

Typical Rig-Rite behavior…overpriced, out-of-stock, and leaving people hanging. If the salvage yards don’t come through you may have to replace the bases and the spreaders…not necessarily original equipment as long as they are suitable. Good luck!
Jim Walsh

Ex Vice Commodore
Ex Captain-Northeast Fleet

CD31 ORION

The currency of life is not money, it's time
JArsenault

Post by JArsenault »

You are correct - I have found a local marine fabricator that will make new spreaders at a reasonable price - my guess less than Rig-Rite. I'll be taking off the one good base so the fabricator can attempt to make a new one for the Port side.

I wish Rig-Rite would get it's act together, we need good suppliers for our boats.

Thanks
John