CD 27 Forward Hatch

Discussions about Cape Dory, Intrepid and Robinhood sailboats and how we use them. Got questions? Have answers? Provide them here.

Moderator: bobdugan

jneely

CD 27 Forward Hatch

Post by jneely »

Has anyone out there replaced the forward hatch on a CD27? And if so, where did you get a replacement hatch to fit and how big a deal was the installation?
atomvoyager

Re: CD 27 Forward Hatch

Post by atomvoyager »

I don't know if the original hatch is still available. We wanted one with additional features of vent position and ability to open and close from outside and be lockable in the vent position so are replacing the stock hatch with a Lewmar Ocean 60, which fits the fiberglass deck frame of the 27. The only work I expect to do is to epoxy fill the old screw holes and drill new ones. I'll have a video of this job on my Atomvoyager youtube channel in the next month or two. Or maybe you can rebuild the one you have.
jfischgrund

Post by jfischgrund »

Thanks for the response -- does your 27' have the flange. I may be looking at a replacement soon also.
Cathy Monaghan
Location: 1986 CD32 Realization #3, Rahway, NJ, Raritan Bay -- CDSOA Member since 2000. Greenline 39 Electra

Post by Cathy Monaghan »

The hatches on your Cape Dorys are Bomar Series 100 Cast Aluminum Hatches. There’s probably no need to replace them since parts are available from the manufacturer.

https://pompanette.com/product-series/d ... ries-cast/
Message Board Admin. - CDSOA, Inc.
CDSOA Associate Member #265
Founding member of Northeast Fleet
Former owner of CD32 Realization, #3 (owned from 1995-2022)
Greenline 39 Electra
Rahway, NJ
Raritan Bay
john_mendelson

Post by john_mendelson »

Looking to do the same on my CD25. Would the same apply, Cathy?