Thank You, Thank You, Thank You ...

Discussions about Cape Dory, Intrepid and Robinhood sailboats and how we use them. Got questions? Have answers? Provide them here.

Moderator: Jim Walsh

fmueller

Thank You, Thank You, Thank You ...

Post by fmueller »

As “Commodore by default”, and on behalf of the CDSOA Board and all CDSOA membership, I would like to extend a clear message of thanks and gratitude to some of our North East Fleet members.

At the start of this years Maine cruise, Bob Dugan hosted a dinner for the participating crews at their home on Bastins Island… along with wife Becky and son Ben. But of course Bob also has a long history of actively supporting CDSOA, especially years of tending to web site issues, and presenting at various Cape Dory gatherings. To Bob and family – many, many thanks.

This year’s successful Maine Cruise was ably organized once again by Joe DeAlteris with help from Nancy Weaver. Joe has been making this cruise happen for the past 5 years and informs us he has passed the event torch on to Alayne Schroll for 2023 … Wonderful to realize we have stewardship of this great event going forward. So to Joe and Nancy, hearty thanks for the memories you created for so many sailors over the years.

Finally, our organization could not have functioned as is has for so long without the dedication of Cathy Monaghan and her husband Bruce. Cathy has tended to capedory.org for years and years and was instrumental at its birth. As many (most?) of you might know, Cathy and Bruce sold “Realization” earlier this year and have moved on to “Electra”; a fascinating diesel/electric hybrid. Cathy, for all your time and attention – thanks are in order, and in this year of transition for you and Bruce they are extended gratefully.

We are sending gifts to all of the folks mentioned. A tiny compensation for all the efforts you have all made.

Huzzah !!!

Fred Mueller

NE Fleet Captain
Acting CDSOA Commodore
Fred Mueller
Jerezana
CD 27 Narragansett Bay
jfischgrund

Re: Thank You, Thank You, Thank You ...

Post by jfischgrund »

And also thanks to you, Fred, for picking up the mantle of leadership and doing such a great job!
jbenagh
Salem, MA

Post by jbenagh »

My thanks too!
I've met so many wonderful people here and had a bunch of great adventures because of you (John Ring, Bob Dugan in particular) that I never would have had on my own.
You have taught me so much and I really appreciate all of it.
Jeff
Cathy Monaghan
Location: 1986 CD32 Realization #3, Rahway, NJ, Raritan Bay -- CDSOA Member since 2000. Greenline 39 Electra

Post by Cathy Monaghan »

Hi Fred,

You are the one that should be thanked. So thank you.

- Cathy Monaghan
M/V Electra
Message Board Admin. - CDSOA, Inc.
CDSOA Associate Member #265
Founding member of Northeast Fleet
Former owner of CD32 Realization, #3 (owned from 1995-2022)
Greenline 39 Electra
Rahway, NJ
Raritan Bay