Cockpit layout and size: Typhoon Sr. vs. CD22

Discussions about Cape Dory, Intrepid and Robinhood sailboats and how we use them. Got questions? Have answers? Provide them here.

Moderator: bobdugan

Joe Shaw

Cockpit layout and size: Typhoon Sr. vs. CD22

Post by Joe Shaw »

I'm looking to purchase cockpit cushions for my Ty Sr. I haven't been able to find anyone local to make these and have a recommendation for C-Cushions. They have plans for a CD22, but not a Ty Sr. Does anyone know if there is a difference in the layout/size of the cockpits for these two boats. Also, any recommendations for cushions would be appreciated.
Cathy Monaghan
Location: 1986 CD32 Realization #3, Rahway, NJ, Raritan Bay -- CDSOA Member since 2000. Greenline 39 Electra

Re: Cockpit layout and size: Typhoon Sr. vs. CD22

Post by Cathy Monaghan »

It’s pretty easy to make templates of the cockpit seats using cardboard or craft paper. That’s what I did for our CD32.

This video has pretty good instructions on how to make a template:
https://youtu.be/n8SbqJd8hfo

C-Cushions don’t have zippers, so you can skip labeling for zippers. After you’re finished labeling them (or even before you make them), contact C-Cushions (or whichever cushion manufacturer you choose) and tell them you’d like to mail them your templates and ask about pricing.
Message Board Admin. - CDSOA, Inc.
CDSOA Associate Member #265
Founding member of Northeast Fleet
Former owner of CD32 Realization, #3 (owned from 1995-2022)
Greenline 39 Electra
Rahway, NJ
Raritan Bay
Brimag

Post by Brimag »

I ordered mine online and also made up 2 templates out of paper.They fit perfectly. They have zippers and good quality construction,. I paid half as much as I would have locally in R.I. Just realized it was Sea Wizard same as in video link. I was sure it was a Florida company??
Joe Shaw

Post by Joe Shaw »

Thank you for the replies. It is great to be part of such an informed and helpful community.