CD25 brightwork

Don't forget to snap some photos while you work on that boat project, then share them here.

Moderator: Jim Walsh

Moby Dink

CD25 brightwork

Post by Moby Dink »

So, thanks to Smitty, owner of Innisfree, I decided not to shortcut and removed every piece of teak from Slainte's exterior, sanded, cleaned and brightened today. Puschased Cetol Natural Teak and High Gloss. Never used Natural Teak before, nor seen in person. This is my first go around with the teak on new to me CD25, and figured I'd ask anyone's opinion before I dip my brush. That was alot of work, hate to have to do it again if there's something better I should be using? Thanks all!
Attachments
PXL_20210604_003552591.jpg
PXL_20210604_003552591.jpg (3.82 MiB) Viewed 201 times
Jerry Hammernik
Lake Michigan

Re: CD25 brightwork

Post by Jerry Hammernik »

Don't know if you've made your decision yet. What look are you going for? Cetol is ok. Looks decent. Varnish is still the best looking.
I use Epifanes Rapid Coat which gives a brownish tone to the teak. I do 5 coats. No sanding between coats. Then a light sanding and 3 coats of Epifanes Wood Finish Gloss. It draws a lot of compliments and most people (including me) think it's a varnish job. It's easier than traditional varnish and I think it looks darn close. And it touches up easily.
Jerry Hammernik

"Money can't buy happiness, but it sure can buy a lot of things that will make me happy."