CD 36. below deck auto pilot

Discussions about Cape Dory, Intrepid and Robinhood sailboats and how we use them. Got questions? Have answers? Provide them here.

Moderator: bobdugan

ChadConway

CD 36. below deck auto pilot

Post by ChadConway »

I'm curious as to what type of below deck auto pilots sailors with a 36 are using. I plan on putting one below deck but there doesn't look like there's enough room to fit one down there.

I was looking at a raymarine with the linear drive.
ChadConway

Re: CD 36. below deck auto pilot

Post by ChadConway »

I see that this is not a popular subject. :) :) :)
Carl Thunberg

Post by Carl Thunberg »

Be patient. Not everyone monitors this Board daily. The right person with the right advice will respond. This is not like your typical social media, although we are quite social.
CDSOA Commodore - Member No. 725

"The more I expand the island of my knowledge, the more I expand the shoreline of my wonder"
Sir Isaac Newton
bottomscraper

Post by bottomscraper »

Rich Abato
Nordic Tug 34 Tanuki

Previous Owner Of CD36 Mahalo #163

Southern Maine
http://www.sailmahalo.com
ChadConway

Post by ChadConway »

bottomscraper wrote:Check out this old thread:
http://www.capedory.org/board/viewtopic.php?f=1&t=36046
Thank you very much. That is exactly what I was looking for. I was guessing that a whole would have to be cut somewhere to fit it in.
Jeff Barnes

Post by Jeff Barnes »

Chad,
I just completed a Raymarine install on my CD36; linear drive (Type 1),ACU-200 control unit, EV sensor core, p70 Control head and rudder sensor. Linear drive unit is installed on port side. The set up also requires an additional tiller arm attached to the rudder post which is available from Edson. ACU-200 is installed in port lazarette on the forward bulkead. The p70 control head and ACU-200 are connected with Seatalk-ng, and can be attached to the Seatalk-ng backbone if appropriate. I had an older version of this system on a previous Cape Dory with no problems ever. If you have any questions regarding installation, just let me know.

Jeff
ChadConway

Post by ChadConway »

Jeff Barnes wrote:Chad,
I just completed a Raymarine install on my CD36; linear drive (Type 1),ACU-200 control unit, EV sensor core, p70 Control head and rudder sensor. Linear drive unit is installed on port side. The set up also requires an additional tiller arm attached to the rudder post which is available from Edson. ACU-200 is installed in port lazarette on the forward bulkead. The p70 control head and ACU-200 are connected with Seatalk-ng, and can be attached to the Seatalk-ng backbone if appropriate. I had an older version of this system on a previous Cape Dory with no problems ever. If you have any questions regarding installation, just let me know.

Jeff
Thank you for you response. I will most likely contact you when it comes time to perform the install. She's still at Atlantic Yacht Basin right now getting some work done that I felt was above my skill level and I wanted to make sure that it was done correctly.

Chad