CD27 Restoration

Discussions about Cape Dory, Intrepid and Robinhood sailboats and how we use them. Got questions? Have answers? Provide them here.

Moderator: bobdugan

JamesC

CD27 Restoration

Post by JamesC »

Hi all, Just wanted to introduce myself. I've bought a 1981 cape dory 27 in the twin cities area (from a fellow who posted here about it six months ago or so). It's completly striped and desperatly needing someone to put it back together again. I'm not sure the hull number.
Since everyone loves a build thread, I've got a blog going at http://www.jcrawford.xyz/blog with a few posts so far.

Seems like the name was 'victory' from the cradle, but I don't know much else about it's history, besides its recent neglect. hopefully I don't regret it too much before I get it on the water. Hopefully this summer.

-James
Walter Hobbs

Re: CD27 Restoration

Post by Walter Hobbs »

I have a 27, hull # 35. I'll be following from RI.
Walter R Hobbs
CD 14 hull # 535, Grin
CD 27 Hull # 35 Horizon Song
Lincoln, RI

"Attitude is the differance between ordeal and adventure."
jfischgrund

Post by jfischgrund »

I have a 1981 27". If I can be of any help, let me know. The hull number should be on the transom. Good luck!
JOE
Bill Goldsmith

Post by Bill Goldsmith »

James,

Welcome aboard, and best of luck on the major refit. I had a 1980 CD27 for four years until the family got itchy for more interior space and we bought a CD32. The CD27 is a wonderful design and will take you far and wide with a big smile on your face. You'll get many returns on your efforts!

Best,
Bill Goldsmith
Loonsong
Cape Dory 32 Hull #2
fmueller

Post by fmueller »

Hi James,

I’ve had lots of work done on my 27. Feel free to pm me anytime. Jerezana is hull 204 fr 1981. Good luck with your new ride.

My current “project” is that, in a first for me, I‘ve kept my boat in the water for the winter. As I had hoped there have been plenty of days so far where the temps scoot up into the to hi 30s/lo 40s and you just bundle up a little and it’s great.

Hey Bill, Walter .... isn’t Walters Horizon Song Bills “ex” .... just renamed (closely) ?

Cheers
Fred Mueller
Jerezana
CD 27 Narragansett Bay
Bill Goldsmith

Post by Bill Goldsmith »

fmueller wrote:
Hey Bill, Walter .... isn’t Walters Horizon Song Bills “ex” .... just renamed (closely) ?

Cheers
Nope, Loonsong is my current CD32. My old CD27 was named Second Chance. I sold Second Chance to a friend in 2003 and he recently sold it to someone on the mid-Hudson River.
Bill Goldsmith
Loonsong
Cape Dory 32 Hull #2