End of Cape Dory org??

Discussions about Cape Dory, Intrepid and Robinhood sailboats and how we use them. Got questions? Have answers? Provide them here.

Moderator: bobdugan

moctrams
Location: 1982 Cape Dory 30C,Gabbiano,Hull # 265,Flag Harbor,Long Beach, Md.

End of Cape Dory org??

Post by moctrams »

Received a check for Cape Dory org. Sorry it will no longer continue??
tjr818
Location: Previously owned 1980 CD 27 Slainte, Hull #185. NO.1257949

Re: End of Cape Dory org??

Post by tjr818 »

:?: Please tell me that that is a mistake of some kind. :cry:
Tim
Nonsuch 26 Ultra,
Previously, Sláinte a CD27
Carl Thunberg

Post by Carl Thunberg »

Make sure you read the letter that came with the refund check. There is a shifting of administrative duties to the fleets. The fleets will handle membership going forward. Perhaps not everyone understands the relationship between the Cape Dory Sailboat Owners Association and its website and this Board. Not to mention the Cape Dory Friends Facebook group, that has no affiliation with CDSOA. This Board and the capedory.org website aren't going anywhere. Full disclosure - I am not an officer of CDSOA, but I used to be. Hopefully a current CDSOA board member will correct me if I've mis-stated anything.

This move is simply an acknowledgment that the national CDSOA organization is having a very difficult time recruiting members to ascend to Rear Commodore, Vice Commodore or other Board positions. It's hard for any organization to function with so many vacancies.
CDSOA Commodore - Member No. 725

"The more I expand the island of my knowledge, the more I expand the shoreline of my wonder"
Sir Isaac Newton
Cathy Monaghan
Location: 1986 CD32 Realization #3, Rahway, NJ, Raritan Bay -- CDSOA Member since 2000. Greenline 39 Electra

Post by Cathy Monaghan »

The organization isn’t going away. The Fleets will still hold meetings, rendezvous and float-ins and our web site isn’t going anywhere either.

The only real changes for our members are the cost of membership, who to make their membership dues checks out to, and choosing a Fleet, whereas before they could choose a general membership if there were no fleets in their area. So even if you have no intention of participating in Fleet activities, just pick one. (Or how about starting a new fleet in your sailing area?)

Speaking of membership dues, don’t forget that your CDSOA membership expires December 31st. Please renew for 2021 before that time. Go to our home page at http://www.capedory.org (or just scroll to the top of this page and click on the CDSOA icon), scroll down the page, click on one of the links for the application form, print both pages, complete the form, and mail it with your check payable to the appropriate person listed on page 2.

Carolinas Fleet:
Make checks payable to:
Lou Ostendorff
8813 Cottingham Way
Raleigh, NC 27615

Central Gulf Fleet:
Make checks payable to:
Cape Dory Sailboat Owners Association
5824 Curtis Road
Pace, Florida 32571

Chesapeake Bay Fleet:
Make checks payable to:
CDSOA Chesapeake Fleet
2601 Avena Street
Silver Springs, MD 20902

Gulf Coast Fleet:
Make checks payable to:
Michael Alford
2302 Fairway Pointe Drive
League City, TX 77573

Northeast Fleet:
Make checks payable to:
Doug Jesseman
4029 Lake Road
Benson, VT 05743
Message Board Admin. - CDSOA, Inc.
CDSOA Associate Member #265
Founding member of Northeast Fleet
Former owner of CD32 Realization, #3 (owned from 1995-2022)
Greenline 39 Electra
Rahway, NJ
Raritan Bay