Message from the Commodore re: 2020 General Mem. Mtg.

Discussions about Cape Dory, Intrepid and Robinhood sailboats and how we use them. Got questions? Have answers? Provide them here.

Moderator: Jim Walsh

Cathy Monaghan
Location: 1986 CD32 Realization #3, Rahway, NJ, Raritan Bay -- CDSOA Member since 2000. Greenline 39 Electra

Message from the Commodore re: 2020 General Mem. Mtg.

Post by Cathy Monaghan »

CDSOA officers have received the following note from CDSOA Commodore Pat Noonan and I thought I'd share portions of it with all of you.

-Cathy Monaghan
CD32 Realization, #3
Rahway, NJ
Raritan Bay
CDSOA Northeast Fleet Captain
and
Webmaster - CDSOA, Inc.

================
Sent: Sunday, July 5, 2020 1:06 AM
To: ….Cathy Monaghan ….
  • Subject: Annual Meeting for fall 2020

Having polled all of you for your opinion, advice, and recommendations this past month and watching the progress of the virus that has shut down most of the nation I have made the decision to cancel the on-site Cape Dory Association annual meeting for 2020. … It allows us to have a decision now so that those who might have tried to find ways to travel are relieved of that worry. As states are considering closing borders and are requiring 14 day quarantine for travelers the prospect of travel has become a major barrier.

In place of the face to face meeting, I will arrange for a Zoom meeting which can be held in October (hurricanes permitting) which can be open to the general membership for one hour and then followed by a meeting limited to the board.

In preparation for this and to ensure that the meeting goes smoothly I would like to have a board meeting this month, following the tax deadline, say on Thursday 7/23 at 4pm. ...

Thank you for your patience in this decision process, I had hope that we might "miraculously" be in a better situation regarding the pandemic but the predictions are becoming more dire rather than more hopeful. As a nurse (retired) I hope that all of you are practicing the recommendations of the CDC and that you and you families are well and protecting themselves. As sailors, we know when to furl the sails and drop the anchor. Weather passes, so I pray will this.

I have sent this message to you so that you can disseminate the information to your fleet members. I will also post the information on the Facebook site next week. Thanks.
Message Board Admin. - CDSOA, Inc.
CDSOA Associate Member #265
Founding member of Northeast Fleet
Former owner of CD32 Realization, #3 (owned from 1995-2022)
Greenline 39 Electra
Rahway, NJ
Raritan Bay
Cathy Monaghan
Location: 1986 CD32 Realization #3, Rahway, NJ, Raritan Bay -- CDSOA Member since 2000. Greenline 39 Electra

Re: Message from the Commodore re: 2020 General Mem. Mtg.

Post by Cathy Monaghan »

...bump...
Message Board Admin. - CDSOA, Inc.
CDSOA Associate Member #265
Founding member of Northeast Fleet
Former owner of CD32 Realization, #3 (owned from 1995-2022)
Greenline 39 Electra
Rahway, NJ
Raritan Bay
moctrams
Location: 1982 Cape Dory 30C,Gabbiano,Hull # 265,Flag Harbor,Long Beach, Md.

Re: Message from the Commodore re: 2020 General Mem. Mtg.

Post by moctrams »

Great idea.