50th US Sailboat Show - Annapolis, MD

Discussions about Cape Dory, Intrepid and Robinhood sailboats and how we use them. Got questions? Have answers? Provide them here.

Moderator: Jim Walsh

Kickin Bears

50th US Sailboat Show - Annapolis, MD

Post by Kickin Bears »

Figured I’d start a thread to see who’s going. I’d love to do a grip n’ grin / high five with any fellow CDOA members attending if the opportunity arises.

My wife and I will be out there Thu, and possibly Sat (not convinced I’m giving up a wknd day/night on the east bay though :D ).
Kickin Bears

Re: 50th US Sailboat Show - Annapolis, MD

Post by Kickin Bears »

0 replies w/ 54 views? Y’all a bunch of unsociable hermits! :D

I’ll try to snap some pics to share while there tomorrow :wink:
kerrydeare

Post by kerrydeare »

Kickin Bears wrote:0 replies w/ 54 views? Y’all a bunch of unsociable hermits! ...
Then again, it's possible that many here, after a number of decades, have had enough of boat show hype.
Kickin Bears

Post by Kickin Bears »

kerrydeare wrote:
Kickin Bears wrote:0 replies w/ 54 views? Y’all a bunch of unsociable hermits! ...
Then again, it's possible that many here, after a number of decades, have had enough of boat show hype.
wow ... that bad huh? lolin..
Sea Hunt Video
Location: Former caretaker S/V Bali Ha'i 1982 CD 25D; Hull 69 and S/V Tadpole Typhoon Week

Post by Sea Hunt Video »

Kickin Bears:

I go to the Miami Boat Show every year and have done so for many years. Always enjoyable to walk the docks and see what is new. Plus, always pretty girls are in attendance :!: :wink: :wink:

Unfortunately, the Annapolis Boat Show is too far to travel although I guess it is sort of on my "bucket list". It is supposed to be the best boat show each year. Perhaps next year I will drive up to Maryland, visit some friends, and attend the Annapolis Boat Show.
Fair winds,

Roberto

a/k/a Sea Hunt "The Tadpole Sailor"
CDSOA #1097
"I wish to have no Connection with any Ship that does not Sail fast for I intend to go in harm's way." Captain John Paul Jones, 16 November 1778, as quoted in Naval History and Heritage Command, http://www.history.navy.mil
moctrams
Location: 1982 Cape Dory 30C,Gabbiano,Hull # 265,Flag Harbor,Long Beach, Md.

Post by moctrams »

How come CDSOA never had a booth at the sailboat show?
SVFayaway

Post by SVFayaway »

I'll be at the show Saturday for sure
Avery

1974 Cape Dory 28
S/V Fayaway, Hull No. 2
Carl Thunberg

Post by Carl Thunberg »

Probably because CDSOA is not a for-profit corporation. We are an all-volunteer organization. Like everything we do, it takes a champion to make it happen.
CDSOA Commodore - Member No. 725

"The more I expand the island of my knowledge, the more I expand the shoreline of my wonder"
Sir Isaac Newton
Kickin Bears

Post by Kickin Bears »

SVFayaway wrote:I'll be at the show Saturday for sure
You are brave! I hear it gets crazy there today

Had a great time, met some awesome people including Lin Pardey (picked up “Storm Tactics” which I’ve been wanting to read) and Jordan and Desiree from project atticus. Also picked up a Sailrite LSZ-1 I’ve been saving for all summer; the Sailrite folks are great! We walked by every booth, were there from the moment it opened until about 4ish ... then went to our boat and worked on teak until dark

I’ll post some pics when I get back; we’re headed out for a last night on the bay for the season before haul out. Looks like we’ll be motoring looking at the wind predictions though ...
csoule13

Post by csoule13 »

Swung through today, and that'll be my last Saturday at this show for awhile. Full moon plus the tropical system pushing water up the Bay equals a flooded show. So big crowds and limited dry land to move them on isn't my jam. Plus, gotta say, not excited by the boats on display, and find the vast majority of products on offer to be unnecessary.

It was cool to chat with the higher ups at Good Old Boat magazine and give them some feedback on the last issue.

Have tickets tomorrow with the crew from Delos, so it'll be a fruitful weekend at least.
Kickin Bears

Post by Kickin Bears »

I saw pics people were posting from the show. Definitely crazy. Water was 6” over the docks @ Hartge I heard. Thankfully we were out on the water for the evening and got out before high tide (and was dropping when we got back). Post some pics of from the Delos hangout!
Bob Ohler

Post by Bob Ohler »

My family had a great time on Sunday. And yes, the Sailrite people are great to to do business with. I placed my order with them at the Show.

I needed materials to keep my LSZ1 busy!
Bob Ohler
CDSOA Member #188
CD30B, Hull # 335
sv Aloha Spirit
Bob Ohler

Post by Bob Ohler »

No, CDSOA has never had a booth there. It did not happen when I was the Commodore and I do not see it happening anytime in the future.
As expensive as the booth fees are, what would the return on investment be for the CDSOA?
Bob Ohler
CDSOA Member #188
CD30B, Hull # 335
sv Aloha Spirit
Bob Ohler

Post by Bob Ohler »

No, CDSOA has never had a booth there. It did not happen when I was the Commodore and I do not see it happening anytime in the future.
As expensive as the booth fees are, what would the return on investment be for the CDSOA?
Bob Ohler
CDSOA Member #188
CD30B, Hull # 335
sv Aloha Spirit
Cathy Monaghan
Location: 1986 CD32 Realization #3, Rahway, NJ, Raritan Bay -- CDSOA Member since 2000. Greenline 39 Electra

Post by Cathy Monaghan »

moctrams wrote:How come CDSOA never had a booth at the sailboat show?
Because someone has to volunteer to do it.
Message Board Admin. - CDSOA, Inc.
CDSOA Associate Member #265
Founding member of Northeast Fleet
Former owner of CD32 Realization, #3 (owned from 1995-2022)
Greenline 39 Electra
Rahway, NJ
Raritan Bay