Will table from 28 fit 27?

Discussions about Cape Dory, Intrepid and Robinhood sailboats and how we use them. Got questions? Have answers? Provide them here.

Moderator: bobdugan

Walter Hobbs

Will table from 28 fit 27?

Post by Walter Hobbs »

Greetings,

Just purchased '77 CD 27. Would like the folding table instead of the modified pedestal table that came with it. Will a folding table from a 28 fit a 27? Are they the same? Or are they different for each model? I have a line on a table from a 28 but it is out of state and would be purchased site unseen. What hardware do I need from the bulkhead to install it?

Thanks all, happy spring and swift bottom painting.
Walter R Hobbs
CD 14 hull # 535, Grin
CD 27 Hull # 35 Horizon Song
Lincoln, RI

"Attitude is the differance between ordeal and adventure."
S/V LikuLiko

Re: Will table from 28 fit 27?

Post by S/V LikuLiko »

I have a fold up table on our Cape Dory 27. It was in the down position and secured in place when we got the boat. I detached it and installed hardware to secure it to the forward bulkhead when not in use. Are you sure that yours doesn't fold up? I can send you any photos you need on Saturday.
Walter Hobbs

Post by Walter Hobbs »

Yes I'm sure. It is a "half" table constructed for one pedestal sometime in the past. I'd love to install the folding type table. I'll keep looking.
Thanks for the reply
Walter R Hobbs
CD 14 hull # 535, Grin
CD 27 Hull # 35 Horizon Song
Lincoln, RI

"Attitude is the differance between ordeal and adventure."
kerrydeare

Post by kerrydeare »

Walter Hobbs wrote: ... CD 27. Would like the folding table instead of the modified pedestal table that came with it. Will a folding table from a 28 fit a 27? Are they the same? Or are they different for each model? ...
The CD 28 tables went through several versions. The "originals" (up tp perhaps 1979 or 1980) were based on a pedestal mount that secured to a cabin sole mount. Later models were based on a bulkhead-mount "hinge" arrangement that, when folded, was secured to the port side bulkhead. Either way, you will surely be able to rig a jury mount, but it's worth looking into the details before purchase. Frankly it depends on what you intend for regular use, and how many folks you want to feed at one sitting, etc.

We have always found that inviting fewer folks rather than more is the prudent option.