CD 300ms motors sailor-looking for information

Discussions about Cape Dory, Intrepid and Robinhood sailboats and how we use them. Got questions? Have answers? Provide them here.

Moderator: Jim Walsh

tburkett

Post by tburkett »

I'm looking at a couple of different motor sailors for some retirement cruising and the cape dory 30 motor sailor is on the short list. I'd love to talk with current or former owners about their experience with the boat.

My cruising plans are primarily coastal and inland. Home base is the Chesapeake so would like to head south in the winter to Florida and Bahamas and north in the summer to Maine and possibly Nova Scotia. Possibly up the Hudson to the Great Lakes.

Any information you can provide on the CD motor sailor would be greatly appreciated.

Tom
Sea Hunt Video
Location: Former caretaker S/V Bali Ha'i 1982 CD 25D; Hull 69 and S/V Tadpole Typhoon Week

Post by Sea Hunt Video »

Tom:

You may have some difficulty getting information about the CD 300 Motorsailer. According to this website there were only 47 mfg. from 1985-1990.
Fair winds,

Roberto

a/k/a Sea Hunt "The Tadpole Sailor"
CDSOA #1097
"I wish to have no Connection with any Ship that does not Sail fast for I intend to go in harm's way." Captain John Paul Jones, 16 November 1778, as quoted in Naval History and Heritage Command, http://www.history.navy.mil
Joe CD MS 300
Location: Cape Dory Motor Sailor 300 / "Quest" / Linekin Bay - Boothbay Harbor

Re: CD 300ms motors sailor-looking for information

Post by Joe CD MS 300 »

Tom,

I have owned a MS 300 since 2005. If you send me a PM we can set up a time to talk and I can answer any questions you might have.

Joe
Better to find humility before humility finds you.
Dasein

Re: CD 300ms motors sailor-looking for information

Post by Dasein »

There is one in Kingston NY for sale - http://www.sailboatlistings.com/view/52704. Looked solid and well maintained when I saw her out last year. Currently on the hard at Rondout Yacht Basin.
s/v Fiji Gin
1978 CD 25