Posting pictures of project anchor windlass CD33

Discussions about Cape Dory, Intrepid and Robinhood sailboats and how we use them. Got questions? Have answers? Provide them here.

Moderator: Jim Walsh

Johnlindac

Posting pictures of project anchor windlass CD33

Post by Johnlindac »

Planning the installation of an anchor windlass on my CD33 and want to post pics of the project beginning to end Can someone provide simple instructions on how and where to do this to assist others?
Paul D.

Re: Posting pictures of project anchor windlass CD33

Post by Paul D. »

John,

I'd love to see your photos as I intend to tackle this project at some point and we have a particularly challenging foredeck situation on which to install a windlass on our 33's.

To find out more about posting photos (Which is easy to do once you go through it once or so) go to the "Board Index" above left and then scroll down to "About this Board". In there you will find a thread describing how to post photos here. Generally you utilize an online photo program like Flicker or Photobucket and then post the image link here.

I would put your project on the board's projects forum and then let us know when you got it up by posting a message here on this bulletin, maybe with one photo of the resplendent finished product! Feel free to private message me if you have other posting questions and of course the webmasters here area a good source. They do a great job managing this board - one of the better ones on the whole interweb - and that's saying something.
Paul
CDSOA Member
Jeff and Sarah
Location: CD33 "Prerequisite" / CD28 Flybridge Trawler "Toboggan"; Annapolis, MD

Post by Jeff and Sarah »

Photobucket provides you direct links to the photos and you can paste them directly into the message body of your post without bothering with any of the img or URL buttons above the message body box. Very simple. I find the easiest way to upload photos to Photobucket is with their mobile app. The entire process from uploading to posting on this board takes only a couple minutes.
Johnlindac

Post by Johnlindac »

Thanks--I will try a couple practice pics later today.
Johnlindac

Post by Johnlindac »

This is a 1st try at posting a picture from photobucket which I do not know how to do
Will try direct from computer picture files
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Cathy Monaghan
Location: 1986 CD32 Realization #3, Rahway, NJ, Raritan Bay -- CDSOA Member since 2000. Greenline 39 Electra

Post by Cathy Monaghan »

Johnlindac wrote:This is a 1st try at posting a picture from photobucket which I do not know how to do
Will try direct from computer picture files
Congrats! You did it.

Cathy
Webmaster-CDSOA, Inc.
Message Board Admin. - CDSOA, Inc.
CDSOA Associate Member #265
Founding member of Northeast Fleet
Former owner of CD32 Realization, #3 (owned from 1995-2022)
Greenline 39 Electra
Rahway, NJ
Raritan Bay
Paul D.

Post by Paul D. »

Very good John. Nice photo, nice boat!
Paul
CDSOA Member
Johnlindac

Post by Johnlindac »

Thanks Not photobucket but direct from computer
Starting project I hope in April
Sea Hunt Video
Location: Former caretaker S/V Bali Ha'i 1982 CD 25D; Hull 69 and S/V Tadpole Typhoon Week

Post by Sea Hunt Video »

John:

I have yet to master the "dark art" of posting photos.

I am not clear from your posts. The photo of your CD 33 - is that from your computer or is it from photobucket :?: Whichever one it is from, WHY did you choose that system :?:

As most on this board know, I am a computer idiot and know NOTHING about how to post pictures, etc. Any help, suggestions would be welcome.

Thank you.
Fair winds,

Roberto

a/k/a Sea Hunt "The Tadpole Sailor"
CDSOA #1097
"I wish to have no Connection with any Ship that does not Sail fast for I intend to go in harm's way." Captain John Paul Jones, 16 November 1778, as quoted in Naval History and Heritage Command, http://www.history.navy.mil
J Stevenson

Post by J Stevenson »

I suggest this thread: http://capedory.org/board/viewtopic.php ... l+windlass

I followed John Danicic's example on our 36 - very pleased with the results.