Got a good refrigeration expert -> Boston/New England area?

Discussions about Cape Dory, Intrepid and Robinhood sailboats and how we use them. Got questions? Have answers? Provide them here.

Moderator: Jim Walsh

bobdugan

Got a good refrigeration expert -> Boston/New England area?

Post by bobdugan »

Hi Folks,

It's beautiful today and I get to spend some time on the boat... working on it... it's still on the hard... but I'm splashing in late May. This year I'm doing lots of TLC before launching for some great summer adventures including Nova Scotia.

I have a beautiful, old, beefy, water cooled, cold plate, Grunert refrigeration system circa 1988. It's not working. The compressor runs briefly, then stops.

I've looked at the manuals, tried a few things, paid my yard $$$ until we both agreed to stop (the yard guy was not an expert). I'm looking for an expert in the area that could visit my boat on the hard and help me figure out what's wrong. Anyone out there with a recommendation?

Thanks!

Bob
Bob Dugan - Assistant Webmaster
Pacific Seacraft 34: Emerald || CD 25D: Cricket (former owner)
Jubilee Yacht Club Beverly, MA in the Spring/Fall and Bustins Island, ME in the Summer
Boyd

Re: Got a good refrigeration expert -> Boston/New England ar

Post by Boyd »

You might shoot this guy an e-mail. His site has a wealth of information on it. Cleared up a couple of mysteries for me.

http://www.kollmann-marine.com/

Boyd
s/v Cat-A-Tonic
Prout 34
Fort Lauderdale, Fla.
RLW

Re: Got a good refrigeration expert -> Boston/New England ar

Post by RLW »

I had good succe$$ with http://www.OceanOptions.com. Note the not so subtle editorial clue!
Rich W.
s/v CARAL (a tribute to Carl Alberg)
CD Typhoon #995 (useable project boat) (sold)
s/v Sadie
CD Typhoon #858
s/v Azure Leizure
IP 350 #120
Tiverton, RI