Typhoon trailer

Selling or looking for a Cape Dory? Selling or looking for used gear? List your "Wanted to Buy" or "For Sale" items here.
mkolb

Typhoon trailer

Post by mkolb »

Hello CD friends,

I'm looking for Typhoon trailer to get my boat from Ithaca to Vermont next spring. From there I will store her on the trailer without much travel each year, just to and from the local launch. I know these are hard to find. Is it worth it to buy a new one, or can a trailer be found? Thanks.
Matt
s2sailorlis

Re: Typhoon trailer

Post by s2sailorlis »

you might try building a trailer using a car trailer (flatbed) and some poppets (welded on). having said that, i was going to go down that route myself with my new to me CD22, but I opted to buy a new triad trailer. some people's view of buying a new trailer costing $3-4K as a waste of money if you are just winter storing...my view was that if it saves me $1-1.5K in winter storage it's an investment. In addition, the trailer enables me to have it at home during commission/decommission times which makes it easier for me to maintain - time is a precious commodity....

Excuse auto-correct typos courtesy of iOS...or simply lazy typing
mkolb

Re: Typhoon trailer

Post by mkolb »

I think building one is out. I seem to be able to build furniture, but when I get involved with anything that includes metal and wheels its a disaster. I like your point about storage costs.