Incredible docking in rough seas

Discussions about Cape Dory, Intrepid and Robinhood sailboats and how we use them. Got questions? Have answers? Provide them here.

Moderator: bobdugan

Sea Hunt Video
Location: Former caretaker S/V Bali Ha'i 1982 CD 25D; Hull 69 and S/V Tadpole Typhoon Week

Incredible docking in rough seas

Post by Sea Hunt Video »

Below is a website link (I hope) to a pretty interesting effort to dock a boat in rough seas. It was sent to me by a fellow sailor. The video is 7 minutes in length. It is well worth watching the entire 7 minutes.

It is not a sailboat and, widespread rumors to the contrary, I was NOT at the helm. :D

http://gcaptain.com/watch-greek-island- ... ain.com%29

As you may have gathered, it is yet another dreary, rainy day in South Florida. No diving, no sailing. Just consuming medicinal Guinness and surfing the Internet
Fair winds,

Roberto

a/k/a Sea Hunt "The Tadpole Sailor"
CDSOA #1097
"I wish to have no Connection with any Ship that does not Sail fast for I intend to go in harm's way." Captain John Paul Jones, 16 November 1778, as quoted in Naval History and Heritage Command, http://www.history.navy.mil
Terry
Lake Lanier, North Georgia
www.jonahzsong.com

Re: Incredible docking in rough seas

Post by Terry »

The captain made it look sooooo easy, too. I can't imagine driving a semi off the ramp. Nice video, thanks for posting.

Hope the weather improves.

Regards,
Terry
Carl Thunberg

Warning - Audio

Post by Carl Thunberg »

Geez, you gotta warn people about audio, man. I was totally busted at work. :oops:
CDSOA Commodore - Member No. 725

"The more I expand the island of my knowledge, the more I expand the shoreline of my wonder"
Sir Isaac Newton