Stainless Bow Pulpit CD30K

Discussions about Cape Dory, Intrepid and Robinhood sailboats and how we use them. Got questions? Have answers? Provide them here.

Moderator: bobdugan

DocJoe
Fair Haven, NJ

Stainless Bow Pulpit CD30K

Post by DocJoe »

Well....it turns out that Changing Channels did not totally escape her dance with Sandy unscathed. While out on the mooring she ended up with a bent bow rail and some gelcoat damage (I'm guessing from vessels bouncing around the river). Any recommendations for bow pulpit replacement?? I need to get an estimate for Boat US and I'm not sure where to start.

I am also pondering getting an estimate for Awlgrip for the hull since I'm looking at the gelcoat repair. Is there any likely cost savings of integrating this work?

Thanks!

Joe Conroy
David van den Burgh

Re: Stainless Bow Pulpit CD30K

Post by David van den Burgh »

DocJoe wrote:Well....it turns out that Changing Channels did not totally escape her dance with Sandy unscathed. While out on the mooring she ended up with a bent bow rail and some gelcoat damage (I'm guessing from vessels bouncing around the river). Any recommendations for bow pulpit replacement?? I need to get an estimate for Boat US and I'm not sure where to start.
Check with White Water Marine: http://www.whitewatermarineinc.com
DocJoe wrote:I am also pondering getting an estimate for Awlgrip for the hull since I'm looking at the gelcoat repair. Is there any likely cost savings of integrating this work?

Thanks!

Joe Conroy
I'm pretty sure you'd save a lot of money by having the gelcoat repaired vs going with Awlgrip. Unless you were planning on painting anyway, I'd stick with gelcoat.