Who owns SANDRA LEE in Falmouth, ME?

Discussions about Cape Dory, Intrepid and Robinhood sailboats and how we use them. Got questions? Have answers? Provide them here.

Moderator: bobdugan

Maine Sail

Who owns SANDRA LEE in Falmouth, ME?

Post by Maine Sail »

In the storm this week your mooring pendant hooked around your CQR. You were quite lucky that the storm was light and short as I have seen events like this snap bow pulpits. Also your Questus back stay mount failed at the turnbuckle end leaving it swinging. I fixed your mooring pendant but did not want to board your boat without permission.

Just wanted to make you aware of this.

Your anchor should be removed during storms. The Falmouth harbor master sent an email about this last summer:

Questus Mount:

Where it failed:

You might want to consider some chafe gear for your bob stay:
-Maine Sail
CS-36T
Broad Cove, Maine

My Marine How To Articles
pete faga

Re: Who owns SANDRA LEE in Falmouth, ME?

Post by pete faga »

I am sure Sandra Lee's owners are happy that you came by!! I have often boarded neighbors boats that had there headsails about to unfurl in a storm without permission. I often wonder when I go aboard if I am trespassing or should I just call the harbormaster?
Joe Myerson
Location: s/v Creme Brulee, CD 25D, Hull #80, Squeteague Harbor, MA

Post by Joe Myerson »

Pete,

I can't imagine that it would be considered trespassing to board a vessel to prevent a possible accident. I've done the same, and have even pumped out a rain-filled dinghy sitting on a mooring. Presumably other boaters would do the same for you or me.

--Joe
Former Commodore, CDSOA
Former Captain, Northeast Fleet
S/V Crème Brûlée, CD 25D, Hull # 80

"What a greate matter it is to saile a shyppe or goe to sea."
--Capt. John Smith, 1627
satu

Post by satu »

Here's the owner info listed in the Cape Dory Registry. This boat has been listed for sale on a number of sites over the past couple of years..

Sandra Lee (ex-"Flohtson Paradise", ex-"Emotional Rescue") purchased 2006 from Paul Kamins. Hull #363-- the last one built. Busily making repairs and improvements. Look for us moored just north of the town dock in Falmouth, ME. dfilene at gmail.com