Off Topic Request - NYC Trip - via Jet Plane

Discussions about Cape Dory, Intrepid and Robinhood sailboats and how we use them. Got questions? Have answers? Provide them here.

Moderator: Jim Walsh

barfwinkle

Off Topic Request - NYC Trip - via Jet Plane

Post by barfwinkle »

Hi guys, I have an off topic request.

My family will be in NYC over the Memorial Day weekend (the Admiral's Choir is singing in Lincoln Center). i would like to get tickets for the Mets game on May 25. I cannot find a direct telephone line for the Club. Does anyone have an idea what it is? i am fully aware of mbl.com, but if one deals directly with the Club, you can usually get better seats (I just did this with the Cardinals).

Any help would be highly appreciated!

Fair Winds
Bill Member #250.
Gary H

Re: Off Topic Request - NYC Trip - via Jet Plane

Post by Gary H »

Can't help with tickets but it's good to hear of someone going to a Mets game. It aint easy admitting to be a Mets fan these days. But, I am hooked on them as my father taught me to root for the Mets as the replacement for his beloved Brooklyn Dodgers. And, how can you ever forget the magic of 1969?
barfwinkle

Post by barfwinkle »

Thanks for the reply. I just thought it would be nice to see the stadium and a game while in the city. I did find what I believe to be the direct line to tickets. I'll find out later today.

Fair Winds (Go Cardinals)
Bill Member #250.
Bob Owens
City Island, New York

Post by Bob Owens »

Bill,
I THINK the number you need is (718) 507-TIXX. Otherwise try the options on the official NY Mets website.
Bob
Bill Goldsmith

Post by Bill Goldsmith »

There are lots of good seats available on stubhub.com at various price ranges. Nice thing about stubhub is many seats are on there that the box office can't sell because they are already sold. Downside is that for high demand events, tickets often go for multiples of face value. But early season Mets tickets should be an excellent value. And by the way, the new CitiField is a wonderful ballpark!!
Bill Goldsmith
Loonsong
Cape Dory 32 Hull #2