Best way to wire Ritchie Globemaster Light

Discussions about Cape Dory, Intrepid and Robinhood sailboats and how we use them. Got questions? Have answers? Provide them here.

Moderator: Jim Walsh

rperrone
"PAISAN" Oriental, NC

Best way to wire Ritchie Globemaster Light

Post by rperrone »

Recently I ordered from Ritchie direct and they sold me a new LED replacement light kit for our Ritchie Globemaster. When refinishing the binnacle, the wire feed was never put back. Can I connect into my stern running light feed ? I ask because it would be the shortest distance for me to route wire. I could run through binnacle to underside of cockpit, then to starboard cockpit locker where stern light wire is currently.
If so, what connection type is recommended? I plan on using 2 conductor 18ga. insulated wire as the lt kit came w/ 2 18 ga wires.
Cap'n Bob
Kevin Kaldenbach
Location: Cape Dory 31 “Kerry Ann“. Currently in Corpus Christi TX and Typhoon Weekender “Wimpyâ€

Post by Kevin Kaldenbach »

Do you have tri color? if so tie both tri color and running lights into it using diodes to isolate the circuits from each other.
Kevin
CD 31 "Kerry Ann"
kaldenbach.us
Phil Shedd
Rothesay NB Canada
Membership # 89

Post by Phil Shedd »

Hi

I am not sure if you have any other instruments on your binnacle. However if you do take a power feed off of them. I did this and took it off the depth sounder. This is controled by the instrument switch on the electric pannel. So at night you have compass and instruments and in the day you do not see the compass but being an LED there is little current draw.

Phil