recommendation needed for inflatable pump

Discussions about Cape Dory, Intrepid and Robinhood sailboats and how we use them. Got questions? Have answers? Provide them here.

Moderator: bobdugan

Dave H

recommendation needed for inflatable pump

Post by Dave H »

I received a great recommendation last year from this board for an inflatable kayak/dinghy. I got the Inova Sunny. It rolls up nicely and lives on Puffin's fordeck. Paddles very well, easy to get in and out. My problem is the pump. All pumps for inflatable rafts I've had through the years have not proved to be very durable. Does anyone know about a heavy duty and reliable pump?
Thank you.
Dave Hedlund
Joe CD MS 300
Location: Cape Dory Motor Sailor 300 / "Quest" / Linekin Bay - Boothbay Harbor

Post by Joe CD MS 300 »

The pump provided with Avons used to be very heavy duty. Have not seen a new one recently. I'm guessing you could get one from an Avon dealer.
Better to find humility before humility finds you.
Jim Evans

SuperTurbo Electric Air Pump

Post by Jim Evans »

These battery operated air pumps are terrific, and make easy work out of inflating any boat. I keep my inflatable rolled up on the quarterberth, and when it's hot and sticky outside and want to get ashore, I'm really glad to have one of these pumps. They are a bit pricey, but they are worth it. Defender carries them (for now) at http://www.defender.com/product.jsp?pat ... &id=771755
Jim Evans