Sink hose won't clamp on

Discussions about Cape Dory, Intrepid and Robinhood sailboats and how we use them. Got questions? Have answers? Provide them here.

Moderator: Jim Walsh

jneely

Sink hose won't clamp on

Post by jneely »

Last year I replaced the sink pump on my CD 27 Troika. However I am having trouble getting the clear fresh water hose to clamp onto the new pump in any permanent way. Recently while working on the engine I nudged the hose and it fell off. The fitting for the hose almost seems to have a slight taper to it so no matter how tight I get the hose clamp it will still come off. Any suggestions to overcome this situation?
craig

sink faucet

Post by craig »

the inlet tailpiece on some sink faucets are made to accept two sizes of hose. the bottom inch is smaller diameter and tapered. above this section is a larger diameter straight sided portion. you might have your inlet hose on the smaller section while it needs to go all the way up to the larger diameter. if you have the reinforced clear vinyl hose you can heat it up with a hair dryer to make it more pliable. sometimes a dab of dish soap or vaseline is necessary. then force the hose up on to the upper section. then use a good quality hose clamp. hope this helps.
craig
jneely

Thanks

Post by jneely »

Thanks for the advice.