CD 27 for sale in Houston - ???

Selling or looking for a Cape Dory? Selling or looking for used gear? List your "Wanted to Buy" or "For Sale" items here.
whitejw1967

CD 27 for sale in Houston - ???

Post by whitejw1967 »

I found a CD 27 for sale in Houston for a ridiculous price on Craigslist. Not sure if she has an engine that works, standing rigging, sails, soft spots, hurricane damage, or if she's just a derelict. Anyone out there with info or knowledge of this great--but sad--boat?

John
John
StuartW

Post by StuartW »

Here's the direct link : http://houston.craigslist.org/boa/2309039624.html. Looks very dusty, to say the least! "non-op. final sale" sounds a bit ominous, but who knows? If I were local I'd go take a look ...
Fair Winds,

Stuart
whitejw1967

Houston CD 27 rock-bottom price and full of questions

Post by whitejw1967 »

I concur. If it weren't a two-day drive, I'd check her out. At $1750, if she floats, it'd likely be worth it even if she needs a ton of work. I wrote to the person who placed the ad. If I hear anything, I'll certainly share it here.
John
david Nichols

CD27 in houston

Post by david Nichols »

The last time I saw this boat it was floating...I didn't consider it because it was a real project boat....Have no idea about how sound the hull is or the decks or if the engine starts...I didn't start the engine when I was there....I wasn't interested so there was no point....If you are looking for a "from the hull up" project this might be worth the gamble at 1750
DNichols
wizard

cd 27/

Post by wizard »

It says in the ad it is a 28' not sure though...
david Nichols

CD27

Post by david Nichols »

This isn't the boat I looked at...
DNichols
wizard

CD27'

Post by wizard »

Whitejw1967 sent you a private message.