Marina recomendations and slip cost

Discussions about Cape Dory, Intrepid and Robinhood sailboats and how we use them. Got questions? Have answers? Provide them here.

Moderator: Jim Walsh

david Nichols

Marina recomendations and slip cost

Post by david Nichols »

I'll be looking for a slip on or around Corpus Christi Bay TX and was wondering if anyone had a recommendation for a marina. Also I'll need to use a lift to take the boat off the trailer. What will be the approximate cost for slip and lift? The Boat is a CD27. Thanks
DNichols
Kevin Kaldenbach
Location: Cape Dory 31 “Kerry Ann“. Currently in Corpus Christi TX and Typhoon Weekender “Wimpyâ€

Post by Kevin Kaldenbach »

By far the nicest marina is Corpus Christi city marina, where we live. The slips on the MORF dock run about 140 a month. 27 feet might be pushing it in those slips but I do think there is a Catalina 27 there. Prices go up from there. There is a travel lift but I don't remember the price. There are two yacht clubs in the marina. We belong to the Bay Yacht Club and they are a fun group sailors.

There are several other marinas in the area from a retched mess of a marina where sunk boats sit in their slips and nails sticking up out of the docks, to other marinas on Mustang Island, Rockport and Ingelside.

Tell me what you are looking for in a marina and I will help the best I can.
Kevin
CD 31 "Kerry Ann"
kaldenbach.us