Cape Dory inspired album

Discussions about Cape Dory, Intrepid and Robinhood sailboats and how we use them. Got questions? Have answers? Provide them here.

Moderator: bobdugan

SwiftRanger

Cape Dory inspired album

Post by SwiftRanger »

Hey guys,

So I probably should have posted this a long time ago, but we just finished our album that was inspired by a 8 month cruise from Tampa to the Bahamas to the Chesapeake on our CD-30.

The album is called "Cape Dory" for obvious reasons... if you're curious there are a few tracks on our facebook page:

http://www.facebook.com/tennisinc

Or here:

http://www.fatpossum.com/artists/tennis

Thought you guys might be entertained by it.

Cheers,
Patrick
SwiftRanger

our blog

Post by SwiftRanger »

Forgot, Here's our blog of our trip:

http://whitesatingloves.blogspot.com/

We're sailing straight to the Bahamas at the end of March.

See you there!

Patrick
Jeff and Sarah
Location: CD33 "Prerequisite" / CD28 Flybridge Trawler "Toboggan"; Annapolis, MD

Post by Jeff and Sarah »

Very cool. Thanks for posting! I'm enjoying reading through your blog and hearing your music.
Zeida
Location: 1982 CD33 "Bandolera II" Hull #73Key Biscayne-Miami, Florida

Swift Ranger

Post by Zeida »

Patrick and Alaina... please do continue to post your upcoming adventures in your blog! It is wonderful. Thanx for sharing.
Zeida
CDSOA Member
SwiftRanger

Post by SwiftRanger »

Thanks everyone! We'll try and do a better job of updating everything.

Cheers,
Patrick
renmihalov

Reviewed in Rolling Stone

Post by renmihalov »

Their Cape Dory album just got three and a half stars in a review in the latest Rolling Stone. With a review like that, I would think those $12 tickets for their March 5 show at DC's Rock and Roll Hotel will go pretty fast.
Rennie Mihalovic
Greenbelt, Md
billc

Post by billc »

Great stuff. Maybe a touch of the B-52's? Anyway very cool. Nice sailing blog too.
BubbaThePirate

Worth Resurrecting

Post by BubbaThePirate »

So, I must apologize to Patrick and Alaina. After reading posts here on the CD board and perusing their blog, I've been meaning to check out their music. Typically work and school and a CD28 in full project mode keep me plenty busy. I hadn't got to their music yet.

This week, while listening to my favorite community radio station, WYCE in Grand Rapids, MI, I heard "Long Boat Pass!" and was completely blown away. Very cool.

I never thought I would search iTunes for "Cape Dory" but now I have. Great album thanks.

[][]Two Things[][]

1) Anyone with a Cape Dory should check out Tennis' album and their music in general. I like it a lot!

2) 'Long Boat Pass' brought back some great memories. Fourth of July weekend 1995, I spent a night off New Pass on the southern end of Long Boat Key. We were just outside the bridge in a little cove while a no name storm passed by out in the Gulf. It was my pre-Cape Dory days, but I had a shippy little 21 footer and a good anchor. The rest of the weekend was perfect.

Thanks again.
~~~~~~~/)~~~~~~~
Eat When You're Hungry
Work When You're Broke
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Member #1005
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~