toe rail track

Discussions about Cape Dory, Intrepid and Robinhood sailboats and how we use them. Got questions? Have answers? Provide them here.

Moderator: bobdugan

Wanderlust

toe rail track

Post by Wanderlust »

After a year of being too busy to do boat talk, Im anxious to rejoin the conversation.

Im going to blushingly display my ignorance of something basic here, but on my CD 30 MKII I have a long genoa track on the deck, inboard of the lifelines, which is what I always use. But additionally, on the toe rail, I have a shorter track which I dont use. It starts about the same place aft as the long track but is only about 5 foot long.
Is this for sheeting the genoa (big roller furl- 140) in some situations or for a spinnaker (which the boat didnt come with from the PO), or for something else entirely?

And a success. I have had a wet bilge for 2 years and have been chasing leaks trying to discover why. Rebed everything aft and its brother. This summer I discovered a hole hiding under the propane locker drain fitting. (invisible unless you stick your head down in there) which dumped water into the stern. That trickled here and there and filled the engine pan and then overflowed to the bilge. Looks to me like someone drilled this hole to keep the locker dry. Some 4200 and now I have a dry, not damp, bilge. It was a mystery why my engine pan was always full of fresh water. Nasty hobbits.