Inflatable dinghy lights

Discussions about Cape Dory, Intrepid and Robinhood sailboats and how we use them. Got questions? Have answers? Provide them here.

Moderator: Jim Walsh

Jay B.
Location: Cape Dory 25 s/v little Ebby Rose Haven, MD. (sadly sold)

Inflatable dinghy lights

Post by Jay B. »

Time for another polling of ideas! (I know how we love it)

How do those with powered inflatable dinghys mount bow and stern lights? Any particular brands that stand out?

Thanks!
CDSOA Member Number 1252
Russell

Post by Russell »

I use an aqua signal all around white light mounted on a removable pole that fits into a bracket screwed on the transom, aqua signal sells this as a kit with mounting hardware incluced, it is powered by AA batteries and is offered in an LED version as well.

For the bow I have a red/green combo that screws into a special mount on the bow of the inflatible (installed by the place I bought it from). Note unless your dinghy is able to go more then 8 knots a red green is not needed, only the all around white.

Another option is the suction cup style lights that you stick on top of your outboard, but if you go this route be sure you put a lanyard on the light or you will lose it one day (suction cups are horribly unreliable and I dont recommend this route at all unless it is the only possible option).
Russell
s/v (yet to be named) Tayana 42CC
s/v Lady Pauline Cape Dory 36 #117 (for sale)